Media Which Doesn't Report About The Gp32

Max

Website
Visit site
Dudes, I opened this topic to list all internation media which won't report about the GP32 after all. Means about the European launch... the GP32 BLU... the pricedrop of Lik-Sang... or any other information about the GP32 because they have prejudges like "it's not interesting for gamer" or "it's not worth mention it because the GP32 doesn't have success like the GBA does".

Please take your time and write those listed media a criticism by mail, and that they shoul report about the GP32, else they act very ludicrous.

Name: GameFront (German alternative magazine - at least they say so -)
Web: www.gamefront.de
Contact person: Christian (gamefront@compuserve.com)

Name: MAN!AC (German multiformat magazine)
Web: www.maniac.de
Contact persone: Colin Gäbel (cg@maniac.de), Oliver Schultes (os@maniac.de), Ulrich Steppberger (us@maniac.de)

Please complete this list and write them...

Why? It's their right to do so. And noone actually bothers about the GP32. In addition, it is not released in Germany at all. So why should those mainstream mags talk about them (both are German).

I mean - they also do not talk about the Zodiac, or Flashlinkers for GBA, because most people do not care about them. And a system with about 5 games is not of any interest for anyone.
If GamePark would send them a free GP32 and a detailed spec sheet, a SMC with emus etc., then it could be possible that they become interested.

Im an older maniac was an article about the GP. But at the Moment there no really interessting things in the commercial area to report. And for the homebrew Scene is a print magazin not up to date because of its releases.

IGN's marc nix also bashed the GP32 heavily, and got the worst commercial titles for it, and didn't try out a single app.

I think some balance is in order. ;)

I think the least that so-called multiformat or handheld dedicated magazines can do is report that the console exists and perhaps give a rundown of its strengths and weaknesses...saying that their audience isn't interested is just plain wrong. Having said that, I'm slightly miffed to learn that IGN gave it such a biased review (I stopped reading that site as soon as it became so heavily commercial). I guess press coverage can work both ways :(

While we're on the subject...Games TM, a UK multiformat magazine, has given the GP32 some good, positive coverage in the past.

General video games magazines aren't interested in GP32 at all. Why ? Because commercial games are in general average or bad and mostly, because they don't get the stuff for... free. I work in videogames magazines and I know how it works, sadly :(

dr.no posted on Jul 17 2004 at 12:47 PM said:
Why? It's their right to do so. And noone actually bothers about the GP32. In addition, it is not released in Germany at all. So why should those mainstream mags talk about them (both are German).

I mean - they also do not talk about the Zodiac, or Flashlinkers for GBA, because most people do not care about them. And a system with about 5 games is not of any interest for anyone.
If GamePark would send them a free GP32 and a detailed spec sheet, a SMC with emus etc., then it could be possible that they become interested.
Zodiac has been on CNN here in the United States many times. In fact they donated a whole 15-30 minutes on the subject one time along with many game magazines.

Wheres the link to the IGN review?

Last edited by a moderator:
I first learned about the existence of the GP32 from CVG magazine, which as all Brits will know is a mainstream distribution. Obviously it was only about 1/6th of a page but it was there along with Zodiac and N-Gage. I looked the gp32_console up on the internet that evening and made an impulse buy from GBAx.

RoboJoe32 posted on Jul 17 2004 at 01:47 PM said:
IGN's marc nix also bashed the GP32 heavily, and got the worst commercial titles for it, and didn't try out a single app.

I think some balance is in order. ;)
It's IGN. Their reviewers have the intelligence of a wet cardboard box of rocks.

carlgeorge posted on Jul 17 2004 at 06:05 PM said:
I first learned about the existence of the GP32 from CVG magazine, which as all Brits will know is a mainstream distribution. Obviously it was only about 1/6th of a page but it was there along with Zodiac and N-Gage. I looked the gp32_console up on the internet that evening and made an impulse buy from GBAx.
There you go...proof that mainstream coverage sells units!

We're not asking for much, just a quick mention and a fair apprisal. Also, while it may not be high class stuff, Sky TV's Gamesville gave the GP32 a quick, positive review and the reviewer (some kid) said he'd buy it over a GBA. I think the unit was donated by GBAx, infact.

i think we're pretty much covered enough..
seeing gbax's news, i doubt that the gp32 isnt known at all
and even if noone else would know the gp32, i wouldnt be sad (except for craig, but that aside)
i mean, whats the point in making the gp32 have some reviews?
ppl will think "oh well, a bad psp/ds-clone", even if thats bull (phat bull, but nevermind)
i dont think bothering some mainstream-mags about it wont help anything..

the_Diabologic posted on Jul 18 2004 at 01:14 PM said:
i think we're pretty much covered enough..
seeing gbax's news, i doubt that the gp32 isnt known at all
and even if noone else would know the gp32, i wouldnt be sad (except for craig, but that aside)
i mean, whats the point in making the gp32 have some reviews?
ppl will think "oh well, a bad psp/ds-clone", even if thats bull (phat bull, but nevermind)
i dont think bothering some mainstream-mags about it wont help anything..
That's easy enough to say...but just look at carlgeorge's example! I think there are hundreds if not thousands of people out there that would buy a GP32 if they knew it could emulate a Megadrive accurately on 2 AA batteries.

it's all about marketing. If gamepark had made a first class marketing (like sponsoring football teams or even worldcup like sony do), I'm sure everyone could call PSP as a lame GP32 clone.

It's the way capitalism works. It's not about the quality, it's about advertising.

but gp32 is really good enough to gather quality people around itself.

Back