Mednefen NES Emulator settings

tuki_cat

Hi all,

I recently changed some configuration settings for the Mednefen NES Emu. Unfortunately one of the things I changed was one of the key settings, specifically the key that brings up the options menu (F1), I accidentally also set this as the quit key!

No problem I thought, I can delete the Mednafen .cfg file. I did this and the emu regenerated a new one. Unfortunately I am now finding the emu runs slowly and i have very tinny sound and the D-pad and buttons are not set correctly. I set this emu up ages ago and had it working well, unfortunately I now can't remember how to get it to run smoothly, get good sound and set up the controls.

I've tried again to set it up but I'm having no luck, I'm sure it is something simple that I am not doing. Would someone be willing to post a txt of their settings that has the emu set up? If someone would be willing to give me a copy of their .cfg it would be really helpful. I can then see if this works with the emu.

Thanks!

The only thing I noticed , for me,was that Mednafen only worked with the xfce GUI.

When I changed the GUI to mini menu , this rendered Mednafen unusable. When I switched back to xfce ,it worked again.

I hope this might help a bit?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks Scooby,

I managed to solve it by deleting the Mednafen directory from pandora/appdata.

Something must have got corupted while I was messing with the settings.

Thanks Scooby,

I managed to solve it by deleting the Mednafen directory from pandora/appdata.

Something must have got corupted while I was messing with the settings.
Your very welcome tuki_cat.

Glad it's all sorted out.

Now if I could only find neo geo pocket color games for mednafen!! :p

A very hard google quest indeed.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back