Meet us at the Replay Expo in Blackpool! (2011-10-26)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Most of you already know - but just in case you missed it:

It's only a few days until the Replay Expo in Blackpool, UK (5/6 November 2011) - and we're having a small Pandora-Meetup there!

Both Craig, me and hopefully many community members and Pandora users will be there!

I'll arrive at Saturday about 1pm and will leave again on Sunday about 3pm.

We have a table setup in the Tournament hall, near the hall where the talks / presentations happen.

Additionally, we're having a talk about the Pandora there as well, though the time is not 100% fixed yet.

I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun there, so if you don't know yet where to go on that weekend and don't live too far away, you're welcome to join us!

There are also a lot of classic arcade machines there, so maybe we could play a game or two against each other.

More information on the official website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. ^^ You could demonstrate how many of these classical Arcade Machines and Consoles fit in one single Pandora. ;) This would make some impressive Advertising, I'm sure.

I so would love to attend. I have other commitments though.

Perhaps a youtube vid, yes?

Last edited:
some of you UK folks are bound to know the doctor, maybe ask him for a tardis?

Can someone please lend me a (safe for living things) instant teleportation device so I can go? :p I'm cut off by the Atlantic Ocean.

I'd like one too! even though im only cut off by the North Sea :/

Okay, some quick news:

We'll have a table in the tournament hall - which means: we're also doing a tournament on the Pandora!

While I haven't decided on a game yet, I think Super Geometry Dust suits best!

Aditionally, on Sunday, 2pm - 2:45pm, I'll have a talk about the Pandora, so you're invited to join and ask questions there as well.

As usual, you as the community can help us spread the word!

We'll have flyers (one side with Pandora info, the other side with iControlPad info) that you can hand out to users there.

Also, I don't have that many Pandoras (though I'll build some with issues like broken USB port, etc.) to show-off, so the more Pandora users will be there to show the Pandora around to interested customers, the better :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could be there :(

Is it possible for a livestream during your talk? That would be awesome for those of us that cannot make it :)

Aditionally, on Sunday, 2pm - 2:45pm, I'll have a talk about the Pandora, so you're invited to join and ask questions there as well.
I'll arrive at Saturday about 1pm and will leave again on Sunday about 1pm.

Shame I only have a Saturday ticket so I'll miss your talk on Sunday. Mind you so will you if you're leaving at 1pm and the talk is at 2:45pm

Does anyone know if you can buy tickets on the day? I'm dragging along my wife and kids along (but being allowed out for a drink in the evening - minus kids!) so wouldn't mind taking my 7 year old into the show but I only have one ticket.

I'll arrive at Saturday about 1pm and will leave again on Sunday about 1pm.

Shame I only have a Saturday ticket so I'll miss your talk on Sunday. Mind you so will you if you're leaving at 1pm and the talk is at 2:45pm

Well, it was planned to leave at 1pm, but I just got the information about a talk slot today.

My flight leaves at 5:20pm, so it'll be a bit narrow after the talk, but that will just work out.

man i wish i could go to this! it would be awesome if all the pandora users represented a wide range of experimentation with all the extends, different desktop setups (conky, wbar), different UI's (GFCE, minimenu, arch, panorama) etc, just to really show how much is really possible. i think people will be crazily impressed!

TYpically although im normally 40 miles away from the 'pool and 20 mins from manchester airport i'll be standing on the shores of Loch Ness trying to show one rather elusive beast another only slightly more elusive beast (my Pandora)!!!

Does anyone know if you can buy tickets on the day?

I'm pretty sure they were selling tickets on the door last year but that is of course no guarantee they'll do the same again, might be worth a quick email to the organisers to enquire.

I realize why these things happen in the UK and Europe, but some of us in the US have yet to have an opportunity to see one of these in real life.

Aww, I live in London... couldn't you have it any closer? :(

Does Evil Dragon still has use/need for an HDTV, HDMI cable and a Western Digital HDTV unit for his presentation in the afternoon? (As that seems an unresolved point in the threads about this event).

In which case, send me a PM and feel free to have a forum member that's attending on Sunday, pick it up early from Heaton Moor, or the Stockport area of Manchester later on, on their way through to Replays second day. Hopefully in time for your talk.

Back