MetalJesusRocks : How do we prioritize what we PLAY?!

b_o_b

Advanced Member
Video from MetalJesusRocks.
Great topic - pretty sure this resonates with most retro-gamers :)

Back when my Pandora was working, but only on the TV in the other room via a fondly-remembered TV-out cable, I found just testing out Ptitseb's latest releases took up most of my time. I've forswarn anything newer than the xbox 360 (which died on me, so actually I'm back on Wii and anything I can emulate at the mo), because my backlog was already too big. I have a long standing intent (since Prometheus was around) to play at least all of the mainstream MegaMan games properly, but so far I have only died very early in MegaMan 1 NES. I guess I should find another way to play those games and get back to that.

Indeed, ptitSeb doesn't really help fixing a backlog ;) Don't play a lot but if I do it is for a few minutes and mainly on my Pandora. Maybe I will have some more time during the holidays to (re)visit some old games. Playing MegaMan is on my list too, but the list is more than 100 games long so I will probably die first :)

There is a simple Way to Priorisize what you play.

SD Cards full with Games are the Wrong Way.
It is not good when you have Tons of Games in a List and you must Choose what do i play now?

Take only few Games where you REALY want to play on your SD.

So choosing your Game will now be more easy :)

You choose your Games and you have your own Taste.
When anyone say...wow you must install this or this...
...no..you choose what you want to play :)

In my Case Major Snes JRpgs and Playstation JRPGs :)

Reactions: ___
Here is my backlog story. I bought around 500 games on gog from 2009 to 2014 (gog was a novelty and sales were addictive to me) and commited to beat everything in the “indie” section and I’m still not finished. 9 years later I have 5 indie games left to beat. They are of various years, genres and artistic styles so this never got boring and I dont get “genre fatigue” but it still took me 9 years to complete around 160 games most of them being from gog indie section. Basically I prioritised indie and had a lot of fun. How I will prioritise in future when I run out of indies I don’t know yet. Playing samey games makes me numb to unique features of said games so I know for sure I’ll mix and match genres. In any case even if I dont spend a single penny until I die I’m set with entertainment for life. Gaming makes me happy and Im glad I found a way to enjoy it and not get tired of it.

Back