Metroid Prime 3

Website
Visit site
Anyone else had a go yet?

I've played the first mission or so and its pretty good.

The controls are amazing.... easily the best I've played on a console. Maybe even more enjoyable than a keyboard and mouse, but that's only because I like sitting back and relaxing whilst playing, rather than being hunched over a keyboard. You have to put them on 'advanced' to get the full experience.
The grapple with the nunchuk works well too, whilst the various gesture controls don't seem too tacked on.

Graphics are great. Obviously not HD, but very nice indeed.

And the game itself? Is just Metroid. You'll either like or not.

I just wish that it had online multiplayer. It would have worked with the controls, and made a 10 hour experience into a 100+ one.

Still worth a purchase though.

Lucky git. I have to wait until the 26th of october to get it. So no spoilers. I want my MP3 experience not to be ruined before i get it.

Also, on the online part, i was reading on a forum where some guy said it had multiplayer in some form where you have races with other players. It didnt sound particularly real but was wondering if you could shed some light on it.

I'll have to settle for the Godfather until I can get my hands on this.

I'd like to hear what people think about it. From what I've heard from reviews, it's a great game in the way that Zelda was a great game. Continuing the tradition of gamecube games, however with finely tuned Wii controls.

icurafu said:

I'd like to hear what people think about it. From what I've heard from reviews, it's a great game in the way that Zelda was a great game. Continuing the tradition of gamecube games, however with finely tuned Wii controls.
That is pretty much accurate.

But the controls are not a small aspect of FPS for me. I have never really enjoyed such games with dual-analogue based control systems. I found Halo ok I guess, but never bothered completing them.

This game proves that the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo can provide an excellent, more relaxing, more communal alternative to the precision offered by the keyboard and mouse.

What the Wii needs now is basically Halo: an online centred FPS which can provide for hours of entertainment. Metroid is Metroid: it's not really a normal FPS, but does prove that the system can manage them.

Let's hope the third party developers learn something when developing their Wii titles. There is no reason why the next Medal of Honor title, for example, cannot control in this way.

edit to say that Godfather on the Wii is an excellent game, is it not? I couldn't believe just how much fun I was having with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
declaration said:
icurafu said:

That is pretty much accurate.

But the controls are not a small aspect of FPS for me. I have never really enjoyed such games with dual-analogue based control systems. I found Halo ok I guess, but never bothered completing them.

This game proves that the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo can provide an excellent, more relaxing, more communal alternative to the precision offered by the keyboard and mouse.

What the Wii needs now is basically Halo: an online centred FPS which can provide for hours of entertainment. Metroid is Metroid: it's not really a normal FPS, but does prove that the system can manage them.

Let's hope the third party developers learn something when developing their Wii titles. There is no reason why the next Medal of Honor title, for example, cannot control in this way.

edit to say that Godfather on the Wii is an excellent game, is it not? I couldn't believe just how much fun I was having with it.

I agree totally. And Godfather is a great game, I'll give scarface a try when I finish, but I still think Metroid will be even better. (And Paper Mario when it comes out here)

I agree that the Godfather is a fantastic game, although on my save file, if I try to take a business from one family it starts a mob wars and I'm not sure how to bomb one of their businesses.

Also, we may not have an online fps on the Wii yet, but the next medal of honor game on Wii is set to have 32 player online and I presume when it finally gets announced, Red Steel 2 will have online multiplayer.

Oh, and it does seem like we've been waiting an eternity for Super Paper Mario over here in the EU.

Ganepark32 said:
I agree that the Godfather is a fantastic game, although on my save file, if I try to take a business from one family it starts a mob wars and I'm not sure how to bomb one of their businesses.

Also, we may not have an online fps on the Wii yet, but the next medal of honor game on Wii is set to have 32 player online and I presume when it finally gets announced, Red Steel 2 will have online multiplayer.

Oh, and it does seem like we've been waiting an eternity for Super Paper Mario over here in the EU.
Australia get SPM on September 20th. Metroid Prime 3 is TBC, so hopefully before christmas.

Anyone tried scarface?

you people realy need to get a WiiKey as Super Paper Mario, Metroid imports etc etc all work fine on my Pal Wii. Anyway, will let you know what Metroid Prime 3 is like tomorrow after I have had a good go on it :D :p B)

btw, Paper Mario is great :)

Does the Wiikey still work even after Nintendo's latest update? that update was supposed to stop things like that working. Not sure it if was just the freeloader disc for gamecube games or more. Sucks that that can't be used anymore now though. Means Ill have to get hold of another gamecube if I ever want to play Baten Kaitos Origins since it never came out in the EU.

Oh and if i remember correctly, its september 14th for SPM in europe. Not sure if im going to get it or not. im not really playing my wii any more. just using it for the internet when i cant get on a pc. Mario Strikers bores me now, Zelda i completed on the gamecube before i got it on wii and Wii sports is boring now. And with the godfather, i have to force myself to play it as I just really cant be bothered playing it that much. Need some new games, and some decent ones. Thinking of getting Trauma Centre but I already had it on DS so im not too sure.

Ganepark32 said:
Does the Wiikey still work even after Nintendo's latest update? that update was supposed to stop things like that working. Not sure it if was just the freeloader disc for gamecube games or more. Sucks that that can't be used anymore now though. Means Ill have to get hold of another gamecube if I ever want to play Baten Kaitos Origins since it never came out in the EU.

Oh and if i remember correctly, its september 14th for SPM in europe. Not sure if im going to get it or not. im not really playing my wii any more. just using it for the internet when i cant get on a pc. Mario Strikers bores me now, Zelda i completed on the gamecube before i got it on wii and Wii sports is boring now. And with the godfather, i have to force myself to play it as I just really cant be bothered playing it that much. Need some new games, and some decent ones. Thinking of getting Trauma Centre but I already had it on DS so im not too sure.
wiikey still lets you play backup wii games perfectly. It just doesnt let you directly boot gc games without gcos or something like that.

Trauma center is good. Have you tried Resident Evil 4?? RE4 is quite good with the Wii mote

Yea, the WiiKey still works after the latest update. persoanlly I dont use / own GC stuff so dont need that anyway..

Steve-O said:
Trauma center is good. Have you tried Resident Evil 4?? RE4 is quite good with the Wii mote
Yea, the WiiKey still works after the latest update. persoanlly I dont use / own GC stuff so dont need that anyway..

Quite good?

It's bloody brilliant is what it is. Best game on the Wii by a mile.

Thing is ive played through RE4 on gamecube 3 times now so I don't see any reason for me to get it. Gonna have to wait till october to play something on the Wii that I really want to.

Oh, and I've seen the first screens for the new medal of honor on Wii. Looks basically like the first on with no attempts to improve on the ps2 quality graphics. Still, 32 player online is a nice prospect

declaration said:
Steve-O said:

Quite good?

I say quite good becase I have already completed it on the PS2 and the only realy difference is using the wii mote to control it... It would have been better if they made a different RE game that no one has played before.

Steve-O said:
declaration said:
Steve-O said:

Quite good?

I say quite good becase I have already completed it on the PS2 and the only realy difference is using the wii mote to control it... It would have been better if they made a different RE game that no one has played before.

Yeah I guess.

But they took one of the best games ever and made it better.

Just wish they'd announce a Wii RE5 already.

This is definatly a game to add to your Wii collection. The Graphics are great for a Wii game (but nothing like 360 Gears of War / Bioshock graphics ;) ) and the game is fun to play. I like the way that you have to turn / pull / push the wii mote to open doors / airlocks etc :)

Anyone else played it yet?

Back