Metroid Prime Trilogy Iso Disc Read Error

Consequence_9

have you realized that rock stars always seem to l
So I've now downloaded the MPT iso that has 1 & 2 only twice. It took me 4-5 days of download time each time. Now every time I try to transfer this iso to my external hdd I get a disc read error. The first time i figured the iso was just corrupted (no pun intended) so i re-downloaded it, but it yielded the same results. I've tried it with both wbfs-manager in windoze & wiithon (much much better) in linux with the same results. I can't find evidence of anyone else having this problem with the iso & i'm completely at a loss here. Help anyone?

EDIT: oops, I just realized this should be in 'other consoles', mods feel free to move it

When are you getting the disc read error? During the transfer process or during play on the Wii?

I can't help per se but I have had issues with this game as well. I bought the game and ripped it myself using USB Loader GX so I'm pretty confident my ISO is okay but every time I tried to run the game from my HDD the title screen would load but when you pick a game to start the screen goes all green for a second then black and if memory serves me correct it forces me back to the Wii System Menu.

So anyways, I never bothered to research a solution because I owned the game so I just played it from the disc from there on, the only reason I'm posting is because I wanted to share my similar issue with you and suggest that perhaps the issue is not with the ISO but something else entirely, but ultimately, I don't know what I'm talking about... so sorry for wasting your time... :p

I'm getting the error trying to transfer it. It makes it to 100% & then just says 'ZOMG DISC READ ERROR' & then doesn't show up, weird huh?

EDIT: here's the solution to your problem btw: http://www.snapdrive.net/files/405430/metroid_prime_trilogy_guide.txt

OrR said:
Wrong filesystem?
nah, it uses a special filesystem (wii backup file system - wbfs) that u can only read & write to with specific programs. I also have enough room for it, so it's not that either =/ I've literally been trying to get this to work since a couple days after it was released =[

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean the filesystem on your external HDD. I think FAT32 doesn't allow files bigger than 2GB or something.

Edit: I just realize I might have no clue what you are talking about. Haven't followed Wii piracy much, lately.

Consequence9 said:
EDIT: here's the solution to your problem btw: http://www.snapdrive.net/files/405430/metroid_prime_trilogy_guide.txt

Ha, thanks! I'll give it a shot tonight. Hope you solve your problem soon enough too!

Are you seriously asking people to help you get a commercial game which you admit to downloading to run?

WizardStan said:
Are you seriously asking people to help you get a commercial game which you admit to downloading to run?
uhh.... yah? That's not against the rules afaics. I didn't say where I got it or how to get it, I just said I got it. How is that any different than anything else that goes on here?

If the mods have a problem with the thread they can lock it & I won't post about it again, but as long as I'm not linking to ISOs or anything I feel it's within reasonable discussion parameters.

This is a problem with your PC. If your still have the RARs for it, test them (with winrar's test function) - And if they are ok, transfer them to your external and extract it on there.

Back