Mgs4 I Just Completed It !

It's been two days since it was released. How in the heck could you have finished it? Shouldn't you still be sitting through one of the overly long cutscenes or something :p

This game kicks ass. I was sorta failing miserably at it while trying to get through that middle eastern desert at the beginning, cos I couldn't see enemies and such. I also haven't played a MGS game since 2 in 2001!

One I got the solid eye and the usual tranquilizer darts/gun, etc though, I got the hang of it and all the old habits of slitting enemy throats, hiding in lockers etc kicked in :D

Also, Meryl is hot.

I have to admit I haven't ever played a MGS game properly. I've played a demo of the second one but I never played the final game. I'm really intrigued about this game as I'm hearing lots of good things about it but like CABBAGES, there really isn't much else on the PS3 that I want other than this.

I have found a copy of MGS: Twin Snakes on the Gamecube in a store near me. It's a remake of the frst one I know but is it worth a punt seeing as it's on a deal for two games for £20 with there being some other good games on the deal.

Well if you do chose to buy a ps3, you can always get Uncharted, which is a GREAT adventure game, and also Resistance. Resistance 2 is coming out later this year as well.

The more I play this game, the more enamored I am by it. Even the enemy AI is great. I tried hiding in a few decent places but I was found immediately. I also *love* the ability to buy from a shop. The possibilities are endless, and you also get rewarded with more points when you do various things in an Act. Customizing guns is brilliant, too. I love shoving a silencer and scope on a machine gun :D

CABBAGES said:
Abyone else got it and or completed it ? what did you think of it ? I thougth it was amazzing !
<blasphemy>I found it really annoying at first,</blasphemy> however after a while I started to get into it and now I think it's great, well apart from that octopus video at the start of the game, we already know what the octocamo does we don't need a overly long and frankly quite boring video to tell us. <_<

+ I haven't completed it yet, I probably should have done considering that i've had it for 5 whole days now :p, but i've been playing a lot of GTA4 instead. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence a couple nights ago, and it was fantastic! I hadn't bothered to play through it on release (despite the fact that I've played through MGS at least ten times, including twice as a PSX eboot on my PSP), but I succumbed to the MGS4 hype and I'm glad I did... I enjoyed it so much I decided to play MGS2 again; that should put me off the series sufficiently that I won't want to play MGS4 before PS3s hit the $200 mark... :p Anyway, MGS3 is the "sleeper" Metal Gear Solid - it's really a fantastic game, well worth the time spent! It has some of the BEST boss battles I've ever played: The Boss and The End are particularly cool and satisfying!

Ganepark32 said:
I have found a copy of MGS: Twin Snakes on the Gamecube in a store near me. It's a remake of the frst one I know but is it worth a punt seeing as it's on a deal for two games for £20 with there being some other good games on the deal.
MGS The Twin Snakes is okay for fans, but it is not as good as the original Metal Gear Solid, imho... The gameplay tweaks make the game too easy, the cut scenes have been exagerated to the point of absurdity, and the voice acting is a substantial step down from the original (despite using the same actors). I strongly recommend you play the PlayStation original on your PSX, PS2 or PS3, and only resort to The Twin Snakes if you don't own a PlayStation of any kind...

@ jimid2 - The only sony console I have is a psone and it's broken. I did have a ps2 but I got rid of it after having it for 4 years after launch cause I just couldn't find anything I wanted to play on it. Which therefore leaves me with the only option to have a go with Twin Snakes as I'm not gonna fork out for a ps2 or another psone for one or two games.

CUPC4KES said:
i want this game so bad, nothing else on the ps3 i want though. <_<
I bought a PS3 2 weeks ago in preperation for this coming out, im glad I did...

I too was struggling to find anything else I wanted for PS3 (have a 360 as well with call of duty 4, GTA4, and all the other top releases) but I bought Uncharted Drakes Fortune which is pretty good (if you like tomb raider style games)

As for MGS4 well... Have only played through the first act so far but it is fantastic, everything about it oozes quality.

even my most die hard 360 friends are considering ways of raising cash to buy a PS3 and this...

surely thought mgs4 will end up on 360 at some point, wasnt there a metal gear game on original xbox that was originally exclusive to ps2? im predicting xmas 08 metal gear 4 will be released for 360 ;)

i cant push to £299 just to play one game, i thought about 4 weeks ago, i could get a ps3, mgs4 and haze looks really good...then i saw the reviews.

CUPC4KES said:
surely thought mgs4 will end up on 360 at some point, wasnt there a metal gear game on original xbox that was originally exclusive to ps2? im predicting xmas 08 metal gear 4 will be released for 360 ;)
Yeah 2 was released on Xbox and PC and then again on PS2 as Substance....but sorry to burst your bubble (and others who are holding out hope), but Konami is staying loyal to the end. Source

CUPC4KES said:

i cant push to £299 just to play one game, i thought about 4 weeks ago, i could get a ps3, mgs4 and haze looks really good...then i saw the reviews.
MGS4 may well end up on the 360 at some point in the future but I cant wait that long...

Yeah £300 is steep just to play 1 game but you do get a decent Bluray player thrown into the bargain and there are always other games on the horizon that look great too (Little Big Planet im looking at you...)

Personally I have always bought every major console that comes out so that when that exclusive comes along I have the best of both worlds, I know that not everyone can afford to do this but maybe (just maybe) Sony will have a re-think about the pS3's pricepoint nearer xmas and we can all buy into Sony's dream...

As for Haze I downloaded the demo from playstation network and it seemed ok, personally though if you have a 360 and Call of duty 4 I think you've played the best FPS this year will see...

MGS4 will never be on the 360. Also the xbox 360 dosnt have many great exclusives as people in this thread have really only mentioned gta4 and call of duty 4 wich are both on the ps3 too :p. I cant talk really as i have like 5 times mroe 360 games than the ps3 but thats mainly coz most my friends have a 360 and i had the 360 first before i got a ps3 but im still saying the ps3 will be bigger and better eventually especially when they finally get HOME out :D

when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out when they finally get HOME out

Mass Effect, BioShock, Halo 3, Dead Rising. In terms of games, 360 has a greater percentage of higher quality titles.

But I own both, and although I own more 360 games than I do PS3 (like cabbages), there are still great titles coming up for the PS3.

Back to MGS4!

Back