microsoft just murdered ios/android gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey monster, I was a minute behind you with this..

Whilst it's undeniably a good move (at least imho) It's gonna take more than this for me to switch to windows 8

If they plan to eventually migrate the whole Live library, that's a different matter.. until then though.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome if they get some more/better titles, if they had the entire xbox 360 library working then I would agree whole heartily, but as of right now... this is not even a killer feature, let alone destroying any competition

I recently had a hard time convincing a friend of mine to not get a windows rt tab

he saw "windows" and instantly thought stuff like WoW and LoL would work... trying to explain why it wouldn't work to a non-technical person was worse than pulling teeth.

Hey monster, I was a minute behind you with this..

Whilst it's undeniably a good move (at least imho) It's gonna take more than this for me to switch to windows 8

If they plan to eventually migrate the whole Live library, that's a different matter.. until then though.
right now it may seem as you think but with the full force of microsoft and the popularity of their indy scene, its only a matter of time.

Can you please stop being an idiot?
me?
Yes you.

You think AMD is good for anything other than home servers and that Live for RT will "kill iOS and Android gaming"
no insults are necessary, just ignore me...

Your ridiculous exaggerated and sensationalist thread titles make me immediately biased against whatever you're reporting.

These 15 games are nothing titles.. MS has already been putting force behind getting games on Windows Phone 7, did that make it a big hit? Not in the slightest. This is not about XBLA, this is about PlayXBLA which is specifically games Microsoft contributed to. No reason to believe that this will extend to some huge tour de force of gaming.

In particular, games that MS contributes to will most likely need to end up as MS exclusives. Who in their right mind, outside of MS themselves, would tie their games to the part of the market that commands the lowest share?

It's not like MS can port other XBLA games themselves, they're going to need ports from the original developers. And if there's no big momentum behind the platforms already it's going to be a tough sell. Popularity in the indie scene? Not really, XBox Live Indie Channel is a disgrace and XBLA, while amenable to lower budget stuff, still has a reasonably high entry cost. Much higher than iOS and Android. For that reason the games also tend to sell for a decent amount more than phone and tablet games, which is going to make it hard for developers to want to migrate them to Windows phones and tablets.

Your ridiculous exaggerated and sensationalist thread titles make me immediately biased against whatever you're reporting.

These 15 games are nothing titles.. MS has already been putting force behind getting games on Windows Phone 7, did that make it a big hit? Not in the slightest. This is not about XBLA, this is about PlayXBLA which is specifically games Microsoft contributed to. No reason to believe that this will extend to some huge tour de force of gaming.

It's not like MS can port other XBLA games themselves, they're going to need ports from the original developers. And if there's no big momentum behind the platforms already it's going to be a tough sell. Popularity in the indie scene? Not really, XBox Live Indie Channel is a disgrace and XBLA, while amenable to lower budget stuff, still has a reasonably high entry cost. Much higher than iOS and Android. For that reason the games also tend to sell for a decent amount more than phone and tablet games, which is going to make it hard for developers to want to migrate them to Windows phones and tablets.
cool, over analyze the post as usual...

Eh, sorry. I'll try to make a more concise post for you:

monstercameron, fuck off.

It means if you make some outrageous claim it should be open to scrutiny and shitty "TL;DR" style responses aren't appreciated. If you have nothing useful to add don't respond. If you don't like what's being said and don't want to engage don't respond. If you don't like discussion don't POST. This isn't your blog.

maybe ... just maybe this is evidence of the 720 being a tablet . :rolleyes:

It means if you make some outrageous claim it should be open to scrutiny and shitty "TL;DR" style responses aren't appreciated. If you have nothing useful to add don't respond. If you don't like what's being said and don't want to engage don't respond. If you don't like discussion don't POST. This isn't your blog.
the same can be said for you...

Only if the person saying it likes spouting random bullshit.

@monstercameron

he responded like a normal commenter would, you berated him for his detailed response that is nothing but truth... this isn't even news

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, the difference here is... his I actually respect

Only if the person saying it likes spouting random bullshit.
I don't get you, I make a post and you scrutinize the hell out of it, and I am not saying you shouldn't but you try and make it personal[not that I care too much]...you seem smarter than this...besides, if the post really annoyed you why respond?

I just want some casual conversation, is that so hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back