Release Midori 0.3.6

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not much has changed since 0.3.3 (see twotoasts.de for changelog), but there's something worth updating for.

A new webkit. Webkitgtk-1.4 to be precise. It should ensure better rendering, a *lot* faster javascript engine, and general stability improovements.

22/5-11 - Flash works now! To use it, place the flash player into appdata/midori/plugins, rename the plugin to adobeflashplayer.so

(thanks to zLouD for testing my attempts)

midori-0.3.6.png

Thanks to BlueMaxima for helping me with the boring process of testing and debugging.

Known problems:

It doesn't use the systems GTK theme.

No SSL/TLS

»»» Download «««

Also on the repo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Great! Midori 0.3.3 had a tendency to crash on me, I'm looking forward to trying this one, since I think it could perfectly fit the Pandora.

Thank you for your work! :)

Flash of some sort is working, just watched a very jerky animation on newgrounds! Browser is pretty awesome, though, the best one yet. Only problems are the lack of SSL, and the low res icon, otherwise, good job!

Awesome. I used Midori a lot whilst on my vacation last week (it's quicker and more fully-featured than, say, Lightweight2), and only encountered minor stability problems - if this improves that, then I'll be a very happy Pandorian indeed. I'll grab it later. :D Thanks very much for your work.

Flash of some sort is working, just watched a very jerky animation on newgrounds! Browser is pretty awesome, though, the best one yet. Only problems are the lack of SSL, and the low res icon, otherwise, good job!

Wait, SSL doesn't work? I'll have to look into that...

Also: The adobe flash player isn't included; you'll have to put it in appdata/midori/plugins

Wait, SSL doesn't work? I'll have to look into that...

Also: The adobe flash player isn't included; you'll have to put it in appdata/midori/plugins
Ah, well, I must have played it through Gnash!

Great work Sleshjag thanks for the update,

One thing I am having trouble with is setting this up as the default browser. I do this by using settings/perferred applications and then choose midori-0.3.6.pnd

When i then select the default browser using the icon on the task bar at the bottom of the screen i get an "input/output error"

Any ideas why this happening?

This release is great. I've mostly used a combination of firefox and Lightweight2 before on the pandora before and none of them really made browsing on the pandora enjoyable.

Firefox is a bit to slow and Lightweight2 is a bit to short on features and crashy for my taste. This seems to be more stable and faster then both.

I've used it for a couple of hours yesterday and today and it has not crashed once. And now when you fixed ssl the only problem I can find is that the speed dial doesn't seem to be working. Its empty even though I've added bookmarks to it.

I made this post using it btw. First time I botherd to write a post using the pandora since the first day I had it.

This is great, the first time I've not noticed I'm browsing on the Pandora, if that makes any sense.

The only thing I'd like is for pages to autozoom to the Pandora res like the iPhone does, is this possible?

One thing I am having trouble with is setting this up as the default browser. I do this by using settings/perferred applications and then choose midori-0.3.6.pnd

When i then select the default browser using the icon on the task bar at the bottom of the screen i get an "input/output error"

PNDs alone are not executable. Try entering this for your custom application;

Code:
pnd_run [PND NAME HERE]

Did someone have success with Flash yet? I put libflashplayer.so in appdata/midori/plugins, then I visited a personal page containing a flash element, but it was not displayed at all.

Also is there a possibility to have an icon for quickly accessing the bookmarks? Right now, only speed dialer is available through the icons bar, so we need to either display the menu bar, or the side panel to have the bookmarks available through the mouse/stylus (I know that there is a keyboard shortcut, but it's not as easy as clicking an icon). I would gladly remove the speed dialer icon to replace it with a standard bookmarks icon instead ;)

Thanks!

PNDs alone are not executable. Try entering this for your custom application;

Code:
pnd_run [PND NAME HERE[/cpde]

Cheers Blue, working a treat now!

Updated, flash player now works! Se first post for instructions.

Craigix: I've never used a iPhone, how does that autozoomthingie behave?

EDIT: I forgot to change the URL, the file should be called "midori-0.3.6-flashfix.pnd"

It just zooms a page to fit the LCD (horizontal, not vertical obviously). It's really great as it means no left/right scrolling and you don't notice it has happened as the Pandora is almost wide enough (as is the iPhone display).

It makes it feel more like a PC browser.

Back