Release Midori 0.4.1

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
midori-0.4.1.png

Most notable differences you won't find in the official changelog (as most are related to the packaging):

-Kinetic scrolling is back

-Speed dial works again

-Plugins works

-You now need to remove any system installed plugins (as in swfdec) for adobe flash player to work

-WebkitGTK updated to version 1.6.1

-System GTK theme is used again

-Quite a bit faster (according to browsermark)

»» Download ««

»» PND with the old dependency libs ««

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! You should update the description in the pxml...

Wow, Finaly! :) Does this mean, you have your Pandora back? ^^

And how is this meant with the Flash Player? I don't have "System Installed Plugins" I guess. Flash is built in Firefox and also copied to the Midori Appdata Folder but not used there because Midori don't have any Add Blockers. I also have Java installed on Pandora but this has never workd in Browsers (or at all)

Should I remove my old Midori Appdata Folder?

Thanks for this. Love the speed dial.

I, too, am having trouble getting flash to work. And also, my bookmark folders will not expand with mouse clicks, only with arrow (D pad) keys.

There is a flashplayer plugin installed by default (dwfdec), this one needs to be removed first (using opkg) to make the one in appdata/midori/plugins to work. You need to copy the flash player there yourself.

The expanding menu problem, I have no idea what could be causing it

You shouldn't need to remove your old appdata folder, it is supposed to work anyway.

Will try this when I get a chance. :) I can't even remember what problems I had with the NAND version, but if this is fast and reliable then it could be the browser I'm looking for.

keep in mind people. the previous version of this webbrowser was/is the highest rated browser on the pandora. so just because its not named firefox or chromium, doesnt mean its not worth your time

by previous, i dont mean that crap that came with original pandora OS, but the slaeshjag one

Awesome, midori must be the (non game) application that I use most on my pandora.

Noticed a bug on this version, the cursor doesn't change when it's over text or links. Or it's just me.

Noticed a bug on this version, the cursor doesn't change when it's over text or links. Or it's just me.
this is what i've been trying to explain to shaeshjag for a bit now. like when youre looking through repo, it highlights the first couple you point over them, but then the cursor freezes, it still moves around, just doesnt change, and it doesnt highlight links.

what about bookmark icons? are they fixed? since i dont have my pandora to see myself

The website for Midori says it supports an AdBlock extension. Does this work on the Pandora version?

There is a flashplayer plugin installed by default (dwfdec), this one needs to be removed first (using opkg) to make the one in appdata/midori/plugins to work. You need to copy the flash player there yourself.
The Pandora has a default Flash Player built in? Lol, that's news for me. :D However, I have no clue about opkg and all of this stuff so I better leave it like it is. Firefox Flash Player already is in the midori Appdata folder but not tested yet, maybe it already works like it is.

Sometimes this happens for me too. Sometimes it works normaly, sometimes not.

The website for Midori says it supports an AdBlock extension. Does this work on the Pandora version?
It works! :)

It's already built in, you can choose the Addblock plugin from the settings menu of Midori. I activated it and it really blocks advertisments now. Not sure if this also speeds up the browsing but it definitley works. Big hug for slaeshjag ^^

The new Speed Dial also looks great and works much better than the old, broken one. Midori is clearly my Nr. 1 Browser on the Pandora, I really recommend to try this Browser. :)

Great, thanks for the heads up Fusion. I'll give this a whirl later on

That the cursor freezes must be a bug in the new webkit. Hopefully fixed in the next release. Could also be a GTK issue as we're running a pretty old libGTK on the pandora. If WebkitGTK 1.6.1 turns out to be too buggy, I'll make a service release where I revert to WebkitGTK 1.4.3.

Awesome! Thanks a lot for this!

I was using Midori initially, but the superb auto-completion features of Chromium made this my favourite for some time. With this new release this might change again (as Chromium has no kinetic scrolling and crashes too often for my liking) :)

WHops, command back, there is something wrong with the new Midori Version., Heavy graphical glitches in the Forums replay windows, everyone please test this with Midori in the gp32x forums.

Here it also looks weird, also, buttons are missing in the Threads and maybe other stuff. Maybe also some kind of webkit bug?

However please test and confirm.

EDIT: Uh oh. I tested some Forums an I can say there really is something wrong here, sometimes I not even have buttons for replaying or anything, what's going on here?

I often use the Pandora for surfing in the Forums so at least this part should work. ^^

I don't remember such bugs, are you perhaps on the mobile theme for forums, check at the bottom of page to change theme

No, I never altered anything on the Forums, I only use the default theme because the mobile theme looks weird. Everything was working correctly with Midori 0.3.6 all that changed was Midori itself. I even tested it with Firefox on the Pandora and there, everything looks fine. Just test it for yourself. You get strange grey window thingies over the text field and messed up grey window artefacts in the Replay section. Not only here but in other Forums too.

If this really has something to do with the GTK or Webkit or whatever this stuff is (I have no clue about these tings) I hope that we will finaly get a new, updated and fresh kernel for the Pandora as soon as possible.

And more bugs... :(

Besides the new Midori is much slower than the old one, it also messes up completely stuff like marking text. It scrolls along with marking, or don' highlight the Text at all. I guess this could be also releated to the mouse cursor bug.

Midori is pretty unusable at the Moment for Forum postings, sadly. I hope this can be fixed, I don't want to go back to the old Midori.

I tested the gp32x forums and they looked fine to me.

I was also able to get flash working by uninstalling the NAND packages as instructed above.

I can reproduce the mouse pointer issue also discussed above.

My issue with bookmark folders is still present, but I can get around it by holding the mouse button down when accessing the bookmark menu. The folders expand when hovered over in that case.

I found what I think is another issue: I cannot turn OFF kinetic scrolling. The option under preferences does not seem to work. I often use a BT mouse so I'd prefer it off.

Hope this feedback helps.

Back