Minecraft

dwarf shortage
Website
Visit site
I don't think we have a topic for this...

I bought this game on the 20th I think (so I'm pretty new), managing to get in before the Beta came out (higher price, updates no longer free).
I'm loving it. Easily one of my favourite games this year. I'm more into the exploration/experimenting side of things rather than the creative side.
I took a couple of screenshots of what I've done so far...

My mob trap. Works quite well.
20101230185129.png

My humble home.
20101230185958.png

My Nether base (I was lucky enough to spawn in a cave :p ).
20101230190230.png

Does anyone else play it? Anything you want to share?

Also, I haven't yet tried the multiplayer properly. If anyone knows/owns a good SMP server it would be awesome if you could share it :) .

PokeParadox said:
Nice! I also play, I run a little minecraft server on my spare comp, building cool stuff, etc.

Old video:
That... is... BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited by a moderator:
My fiance and I have been playing Minecraft on and off for months. I actually proposed to her with giant stone letters :3
I run my server on my BeagleBoard, or used to pre-beta. So long as no more than 3 people connected at once and kept within the designated area (generating new chunks lags things for a couple of minutes, but a server mod helps with that) it worked really well.

OMG! This game is fantastic. I read your post a while ago, tried the game in classic mode, showed it to my brother and now we bought two licenses. Once again, indie development for the win!!! We should start a community server.

I play, on the server PokeParadox mentioned.

I don't think you can see my building in the video, which is good because it's a giant stone phallus.

But yeah, great fun, though recently monsters and damage got turned on which annoys me to death sometimes ;)

I wonder will the pocket edition be able to connect to the PC MP servers? If so I'm in, never saw the point of sitting at home playing Minecraft on a gaming PC when I could play all my regular MP games, but on the go would be a different story.

finty said:
I wonder will the pocket edition be able to connect to the PC MP servers? If so I'm in, never saw the point of sitting at home playing Minecraft on a gaming PC when I could play all my regular MP games, but on the go would be a different story.
Apparently it uses a different engine, so save files aren't cross-compatible. The 'pocket edition' just seems to be a fancied-up classic mode, which is a bit of a shame.

Yeah, that mobile version looks like a fun diversion but no substitute for the real thing... yet.

Some USA Pandora Owners here? Mojang is at the E3 and maybe someone from the Comunity could visit Mojang and Notch there and ask what he thinks about a Pandora Port of Minecraft. :) Notch has a Pandora but I never heard a statement of how he thinks about porting his game to our Handheld. I would be really interested to know if he has plans and Ideas for this in the Future. ^^

Goity said:
Mojang sounds like a vaginal synonym.

That is all.
And? "Apple iPAD" doesn't sound much better but both companies make Millions with their Products. ;) Names are just smoke and nothing. ^^

fusion_power said:
Goity said:
Mojang sounds like a vaginal synonym.

That is all.
And? "Apple iPAD" doesn't sound much better but both companies make Millions with their Products. ;) Names are just smoke and nothing. ^^
You're a mojang.

Back