GP2X Minimal Library On Pc

Gatchan

Still Fresh
Hi all!
At work, I can't test my code on the GP2x for obvious reasons :D . So, I searched for a way to make my gp2x programs working on my computer.... And here is my solution : pcminimal lib.
I took some rlyeh's minimal lib function, and adapted them to make them working on my computer, by using TinyPTC.
All you have to do is to compile your code with tinyptc.c/tinyptc.h and pcminimal.c, and you'll get a windows executable with your work! You don't have to change a line of your code, except if it uses linux function.
I used the GDI version of tinyptc, but go on the website, it is avaiable for Linux,beos....
I tried with the basic minimal's example (printf, pixel output, etc..), and it works.
I have also made a pseudo 8bit support.
Everything is slow, badly coded, and very perfectible.
I also didn't put anything related to scaling, gamma correction, cursor output.... But feel free to add them :D
I know some of you have already made such "wrappers", but nothing is avaiable to public. So, it is an alternate way to quickly test your code when you don't use SDL.

I made some demo using avaiable code to test it, and it worked too. They are included in the .7z file, but they are slow an unoptimized (and metaballs don't look like metaballs ;) ) !
fire9vn.png
metaball7hx.png
plasma7ij.png

Download it here (feel free to update it :) )

Back