Minimenu. Pandora Button Forcing Games To Shutdown

Pleng

The start, select and Pandora buttons are very close together. It's quite easy, when you're not paying close attention to where your finger is actually travelling, to press Pandora instead of start/select. Especially if you are playing games, such as Zelda, which make heavy use of Start, and double especially if you are playing such games in the dark.

I know it to be true, I lost my progress twice due to this. Can the emergency exit not be mapped to something that's a little more difficult to tap accidentally? Like Fn-Pandora? For something as extreme as terminate app, I really feel it should be a combination, rather than a single button.

a single button is OK
but there should be a security window that pops up and asking "do you really want to quit?"

played a lot zelda since a have my pandora, but that i accidently press the "Pandora" button never happened to me
i understand your problems, and it's not a good solution the way it is atm

by
KK

guess I'm lucky that my pandora button does nothing :rolleyes:

did you try to remap it?

This thread seems relevant for this discussion.

I believe the current consensus is roughly like this:
  • start/select: in game start/select buttons (depends on game)
  • Pandora button [click]: menu or configuration screen of current application (e.g. the menu of an emulator)
  • Pandora button [hold]: system menu for platform wide settings, killing applications, etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back