Minimenu Questions

HackModford said:
Can I rearrange Tabs?

Can I pick which apps appear in which tabs?
http://pandorawiki.org/Minimenu_configuration_documentation

(I may look bad to only anwser you with some links today :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I managed to reorder the tabs but I can't figure out how to override pnd categories using the app.ovr type file... can you help? theres a blank spot for it on the wiki page :p

HackModford said:
Can I rearrange Tabs?

Can I pick which apps appear in which tabs?
This is something I have been begging for since the beginning. I would have liked an easy way of doing this like through a context menu or something. You can pick which apps appear where but you need to edit those ovr files. I had some issues doing that though and it crashes minimenu (I think I had an illegal character somewhere or a format issue).

I think Skeezix was going to upgrade this menu a bit but then he decided to go off in a different direction and spend his little freetime on a different app (I think some turn-based text game or something).

It would be nice to see this get a few updates to make it a smoother experience and easier to use as far as configuring. Maybe someday. Until then maybe Skeezix can give a good explanation of the ovr formatting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally found what I was looking for and suceeded!

I'm going to quote from the PND wiki page

I want to override the .PND icon, name, or other settings, how is this done?

The easiest way right now is via the "override" (or "overlay") system -- .ovr files.
An .ovr is just a text file you create, with the same name as the pnd-file and in the same location, but with a different file extension. Piece of cake.
If your pnd-file is Hatari.pnd, and you're putting it into /pandora/desktop, then you might create an ovr file for it as: /pandora/desktop/Hatari.ovr If you wish to provide your own icon, create it with the same location and filename, but as a .pnd file: /pandora/desktop/Hatari.png
.ovr files are automatically supported by the system so should work across all pnd-application aware applications and desktops. .png icon overrides have to be handled by the menus, but are already handled by minimenu and anythign using the .desktop system (such as xfce full desktop or other standard desktop environments.)
An ovr-file simply looks like this:
The ovr file may (at this time) override the icon title, the CPU clock speed to set on launch, the main category, and the first subcategory for the main category. Additional fields will become overridable.
Minimenu honors up to 3 lines of 'notes', pulled from the .ovr file. (Make sure they are in the right subapp group). note-1, note-2, note-3, see example below. The notes in minimenu are shown at the bottom of the detail text panel.

[Application-0]
title HatariHack0
maincategory Audio
maincategorysub1 Emulator
[Application-1]
title HatariHack1
clockspeed 200
note-1 My text for note line 1

Notice the Application-0 and Application-1 -- any given .pnd file may include multiple applications, so you need to assign your overrides to the correct "sub application". It can be tricky to figure out which subapp you wish to override, but there are some tricks. minimenu, for example, shows the subapp-number in the detail panel. When looking at a .desktop filename, you'll notice #0.desktop .. some number after the # is the subapp-number.

http://pandorawiki.org/PND

Back