Minor Re-payment / Preordering Update

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
Just to put some people who don't read every post here at ease, I figured I'd stick a quick note here.

An email with full bank transfer ordering instructions will be going out soon to everybody who preordered via CC and has not re-paid yet. It's the same info (bank details, amount, etc) that exists in a couple different threads here 1 2, but this way we know everybody is getting the info. If you are not willing or able to do a bank transfer or send a check / money order, please let us know.

Those who have been refunded and cannot reorder now will still be able to purchase a Pandora later at the exact amount they were originally refunded. I do not know when we will be able to accept credit card orders, but we'll let you know as soon as it's possible.

We will be opening up preorders again soon (after everybody who intends to pay via transfer / check / MO has had a chance to do so) for first batch cancellations. We'll be sending out emails to the first 6000 or so people who signed up for the newsletter with details. If there are still more units available, we'll send out more emails. As should be obvious, we will only be able to accept bank transfer / check / MO payments for these preorders as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
We will be opening up preorders again soon (after everybody who intends to pay via transfer / check / MO has had a chance to do so) for first batch cancellations. We'll be sending out emails to the first 6000 or so people who signed up for the newsletter with details. If there are still more units available, we'll send out more emails. As should be obvious, we will only be able to accept bank transfer / check / MO payments for these preorders as well.
Awesome! Will it be posted here when it happens as well?

Also, anything I should know if I plan to get in on the frenzy?

Izolo said:
Even if someone from the dev team doesn't mention it here you can be sure someone from the forum will post about receiving the e-mail.

Izolo said:
Sign up for the newsletter (top right here: http://www.openpandora.org/ ). That's all you can do.

Izolo said:

You can be sure that it will be posted on the Community blog, it has got an RSS feed, too :)

Zeno Arrow said:
Sign up for the newsletter (top right here: http://www.openpandora.org/ ). That's all you can do.

Um.. signed up for the newsletter. That's all you can has did.

We'll be sending out emails to the first 6000 or so people who signed up for the newsletter with details.

If you weren't signed up when the pre-orders first opened last fall, it's too late for this batch. Sorry. :( But it sounds like you will be able to preorder from batch 2. :)

EDIT: I misread your post, Zeno.. You're right, the best thing anyone can do to get notifications is sign up for the newsletter.

Chip said:
Just to put some people who don't read every post here at ease, I figured I'd stick a quick note here.

An email with full bank transfer ordering instructions will be going out soon to everybody who preordered via CC and has not re-paid yet.
Thanks Chip - could you post when all emails have been sent? I know that might seem like an unnecessary thing - but I've always seemed to receive my emails really late in the game. I've decided to go ahead and do the transfer, and will transfer directly from my bank and eat the extra cost myself.

Good luck!

Thanks Chip,

I will go to my bank with the reorder banking details and clue things up then.
I'd rather wait for the email than parse through the various forum messages.

Thanks again,

Hwrd

Hi,

Chip said:
We'll be sending out emails to the first 6000 or so people who signed up for the newsletter with details. If there are still more units available, we'll send out more emails.
How many people are there on that list, and is there a way to know "your number"?
I signed up at around new year (i really can't remember, and because it sends no welcome-mail, i can't check from gmail), and want to know whether i stand a chance in getting one of these :)

Thanks

Great news!
Hopefully I'll be able to order, but I might wait until I can pay by CC; I gather orders for the second batch will be taken sometime around then?

_Sterling said:
EDIT: I misread your post, Zeno.. You're right, the best thing anyone can do to get notifications is sign up for the newsletter.
Thanks for agreeing _Sterling. :)

PlopperZ said:
Hopefully I'll be able to order, but I might wait until I can pay by CC; I gather orders for the second batch will be taken sometime around then?
There is no way of knowing at this point:
1) The date the second batch is due.
2) Whether CC payments will be available for the second batch.

All we know at the moment is that two banks have said in 6 months time they are willing to review whether they would issue OpenPandora with the suitable merchant account needed to take CC details in substantial numbers. That's not even a promise that the CC issue will be resolved in 6 months, just that it will be reviewed.

In other words, if you want a Pandora sometime soon, don't hold your breath for CC payment options, try and arrange another way of paying for it.

I just realized that I somehow missed the reordering email earlier, I think I'll do an international bank transfer later today (I'll pay the extra cash, my paranoia keeps me from using Tranzfers)

jdh2550 said:
could you post when all emails have been sent?
Of course. It will probably be a day or two before they even start, as we've already had a couple hundred bank transfer orders in the last few days and the ordering staff is still processing them.

Chip said:
Title: Replying to Minor Re-payment / Preordering Update

Those who have been refunded and cannot reorder now will still be able to purchase a Pandora later at the exact amount they were originally refunded. I do not know when we will be able to accept credit card orders, but we'll let you know as soon as it's possible.

CHIP you are such a tool, to labeling the title as "Minor....'.

This isn't a minor thing in any shape or form, there are lots of people (with common sense) that are not going to use any other method than CC. Thus CC customers will not get one until Craig has enough working spending cash to buy the parts outright, and that is going to take them a while. (my guess is 6+ months from now.)

spaceballs3000 said:
(poorly informed ranting)
The update itself, is minor. But I see where the confusion might be. :D

-- and please, don't present your speculation as fact. Nobody knows exactly what's going on, that includes you.

still insisting we use a bank transfer service that won't allow those in the united states re-order?

truekaiser said:
still insisting we use a bank transfer service that won't allow those in the united states re-order?
Soze, a few people here have successfully reordered using the Tranzfers service. If you're hung up on a particular aspect of the process, just ask for help bud. ;)

Quick Edit: Use this as a frame of reference.

spaceballs3000 said:
Chip said:
Title: Replying to Minor Re-payment / Preordering Update

CHIP you are such a tool, to labeling the title as "Minor....'.

This isn't a minor thing in any shape or form, there are lots of people (with common sense) that are not going to use any other method than CC. Thus CC customers will not get one until Craig has enough working spending cash to buy the parts outright, and that is going to take them a while. (my guess is 6+ months from now.)
And then there are also lots of people (with more common sense) that will be paying by bank transfer because they know the capability of the Pandora and know it's worth every penny. And then there are those other people in queue to take the leftover spots from people who rather pay by CC.

Ryzure said:
spaceballs3000 said:

-- and please, don't present your speculation as fact. Nobody knows exactly what's going on, that includes you.
It's hardly 'speculation', I've read the blog, quote me back something you think I'm speculating on, and I'll providing backing to my statement. Also my very last comment doesn't count as I say the word 'guess'.

Ryzure said:
spaceballs3000 said:

-- and please, don't present your speculation as fact. Nobody knows exactly what's going on, that includes you.No one? You mean Chip isn't omni-present? You just ruined my day.

@everybody Please don't start with the CC stuff again...

Back