Missing headers?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
I am attempting to compile recordmydesktop, but for some weird reason this is happening:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread -Wall -Ofast -pipe -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -ftree-vectorize -mfloat-abi=softfp -march=armv7-a -fsingle-precision-constant -mno-unaligned-access -MT recordmydesktop-rmd_getzpixmap.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/recordmydesktop-rmd_getzpixmap.Tpo -c -o recordmydesktop-rmd_getzpixmap.o `test -f 'rmd_getzpixmap.c' || echo './'`rmd_getzpixmap.c
rmd_getzpixmap.c:35:35: fatal error: X11/extensions/shmstr.h: No such file or directory
#include <X11/extensions/shmstr.h>
^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [recordmydesktop-rmd_getzpixmap.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/media/2/build/recordmydesktop/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/2/build/recordmydesktop'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have installed the package that is supposed to provide shmstr.h but it's not there. The package is already in Code Blocks, so what can I do to get that header?

Your "-I" seems a little empty. Try to add "-I/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include" just to be safe (even if it should be added automaticaly)..

But, I must say that on my codeblocks, I don't have that shmstr.h files... So did you compile that lib yourself? I assume it was a "./configure" packages, did you precised a "--prefix=/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr" to the configure script ?

*EDIT* In fact, try to modify "rmd_getzpixmap.c" and change 

Code:
[#include<X11/extensions/shmstr.h>
[code]
by

Code:
[#include<X11/extensions/shmproto.h>
[code]

It may work...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back