Modded Xbox 360

aesir911

aesir triumphs
does anyone know if it is possible to mod an xbox 360 to get roms on it? cause the regular xbox seems a little laggy on the higher up games. what emulators there are for it? i kinda want a system that can emulate sega genesis, sega dreamcast, sega saturn, n64, ps1, and xbox.

was also wondering if anyone has a twilight hacked wii, and was wondering what they thought about the emulators, and which ones they have for it.

My knowledge could be out of date, but I really don't think it's worth modding a 360 for homebrew yet. Look into the Free60 project to see the state of things. (I've got a second 360 that I'm keen to mod, but I'm not seeing the rewards yet).

I've got a softmodded Wii (Bannerbomb mod. You put a couple of files on an SD, insert it, run it, and you've got the Homebrew channel. So good.) The Wii homebrew scene is superb. Tons of emulators that perform nicely (even Wii64) and have well refined UIs and control mapping options across the board. I don't think there are as many emus on the Wii as there are on the original Xbox though.

Gruso said:
My knowledge could be out of date, but I really don't think it's worth modding a 360 for homebrew yet. Look into the Free60 project to see the state of things. (I've got a second 360 that I'm keen to mod, but I'm not seeing the rewards yet).

I've got a softmodded Wii (Bannerbomb mod. You put a couple of files on an SD, insert it, run it, and you've got the Homebrew channel. So good.) The Wii homebrew scene is superb. Tons of emulators that perform nicely (even Wii64) and have well refined UIs and control mapping options across the board. I don't think there are as many emus on the Wii as there are on the original Xbox though.

do you know of a program that will allow the wii to take usb devices (mainly an external hardrive). because that is the main problem i am running into.

Last edited by a moderator:
aesir911 sent me a PM about this. For others who may be interested:

I looked into this the other day, and it's not for the faint hearted. Basically, you have to open up your 360 and solder various points, then interface it to your parallel port in order to flash the rom... and it only supports some machines.

There doesn't seem to be much point. There's a snes emulator... that's about it.

Look up '360 jtag mod' on youtube.

Here's what you could look forward to: http://www.xbins.org...archtxt=XBOX360

I say stick with your old Xbox.

Considering an original Xbox can be picked up for about £10-15, you can't go wrong. Softmodding works perfectly, as I've done the procedure myself.

You'll need a copy of Splinter Cell, but my local shop stocks it for 50p!

The wii has some really good homebrew. The homebrew channel gives it a really nice interface to launch from and there is a homebrew browser to download and install apps right from the wil. Its homebrew was part of the reason I got a wii. It will definitely never be able to emulate a dreamcast or xbox though. Better off using a pc or the original systems for those.

aesir911 said:
do you know of a program that will allow the wii to take usb devices (mainly an external hardrive). because that is the main problem i am running into.

This thread should answer all of your questions http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291277

I use USBloader for almost all my games and it works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back