Mode7 Help

Goity

VIP Sleaze
I'm having a bit of a woe with my mode7 project at the moment. On a PC there is a slight graphical glitch which makes the car flicker slightly. However, on GP32 this is enhanced to the car moving around your screen a little.
The program with source is below.
Any help appreciated

The car flickers because you probably resized it with the size command. That flickering stuff happens alot to me, when I use the size command. Maybe try it at original size.

:( that's not it. My car doesn't have the size command in it's process, because it doesn't work with mode7 for some reason. It's something to do with the fact that I have to link the fps of hte car to Id so I can use a moving camera without the car spinning, I bleieve.

Put_screen puts stuff on the background which, because you are using Mode 7, Fenix assumes is not active. Then it goes(I think, I never made more than a few test things with mode 7) like, Mode 7, oh wait, background, oh no, Mode 7, wait, background, Mode 7! I.o.w., it gets messed up. How about just using a process with a low z count to get it on the background? That might just work.

Nope, Still keeps flashing :(

I've commented the source now... download from the same place...

Triple postage! While I have no solution to your problem, I noticed that the player in Nazcarunners gets larger and smaller from time to time as well, so it's probably a Fenix Mode7 problem.

Alex. posted on Dec 2 2005 at 02:21 AM said:
Triple postage! While I have no solution to your problem, I noticed that the player in Nazcarunners gets larger and smaller from time to time as well, so it's probably a Fenix Mode7 problem.
Problem is conversion to gp32. The car starts getting smaller when it moves, and spins a little when turning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it can be solved, but that kind of graphical glitches are quite usual in the gp32 port of fenix and even in the pc version itself... (and thus can't be fixed unless the fenix source code is made better).

I also had random hang-ups and other kinds of bugs in projects that run perfectly under windows.

Segata Sanshiro posted on Dec 4 2005 at 10:02 PM said:
I hope it can be solved, but that kind of graphical glitches are quite usual in the gp32 port of fenix and even in the pc version itself... (and thus can't be fixed unless the fenix source code is made better).

I also had random hang-ups and other kinds of bugs in projects that run perfectly under windows.
Nasca managed to get his working ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back