Monitor Question - Havent Been Up Much...

NssOne

I am One with the DarkNss
Website
www.gp32us.com
I found this 21' monitor for sale, here's the specs:

Product Line Series Model: QVision 210 color monitor

Connectors: Video - 15 pin High-Density D-shell (VGA)

Included Devices: Monitor Stand Case Pack Quantity: 1 Color Support: Color

Diagonal Screen Size: 21 in

Manufacturer Sku: 210406-601 / 210407-601

Pitch: 0.26 mm

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 (UXGA)

Viewable Size: 19.5 in

Display Type: Shadow Mask CRT

Condition: NEW OEM

Warranty: 90 Day Eagle Warranty, End of Life Product/Closeout

I plan on picking up a nice ATi Radeon series card, but I'd really like a new monitor first. I just don't know if the maximum resolution's good or not for gaming.

It's a Compaq monitor. $250. Good buy?

I have a 21in hp monitor, It was a great buy at the time (£220), But the thing has been developing horizontal lines across the screen recently. So i think the things on its way out (its only 18 months old :blink: ). Got a very nice LG 18.1 LCD monitor for £405, Kicks the ass of the hp anyday (even for games and movie etc).

1600 x 1200 is plenty high enough for games, Especially if it can display that at 75hz or higher.

Btw, Have you seen the size of these 21in monitors and how much space they take up :blink: . Mine had to have a desk all of its own ;) .

Trooper

I picked one up second hand Philips 201B 21" from ebay for £50. the thing has a beautiful crisp display (1600 x 1200 @ 93hz) and loads of inputs at the back, RGB, Mac and a load of other stuff that I'm not sure about.

I've also seen a few come up in the friday-ad (local free ads paper) for £50/£60

Not sure if it's the same in the states but here in the UK they're expensive new but because of the size end up going really cheaply second hand.

Just something to bear in mind

P.S. IMO I find at high resolutions (1600+) 75hz is a bit flickery (looks okay on lower res though, don't know why) doesn't really notice on games though but for windows and apps I think it needs to be a little higher.

Back