Moved Mame Folder Now Its Missing!?

ACE007

Still Fresh
I just received my new GP2X Wiz with firmware 1.1.0, and I've decided to move my mame folder 'into' the "game" folder.... Now it's gone! The memory space is the same so I know it didn't get deleted, however, I'm not finding it anywhere! Does anyone know why? Also, when I try to transfer a file from a zip file within Vista 'onto/into' a folder, I receive a 'cannot read from the source file or disk' error. Did my new toy just Break! My usb seems to be plugged in firmly, and windows recognizes it. Weird.

Note: I don't have an sd card... using internal memory instead. I've seen posts about possibly flashing to fix... I've seen others about using chkdsk, but I receive an error about the drive being RAW. Can anyone point me to a step by step tutorial on this, or give me some input please?

Thanks!

kasi said:
Hi Guys,I am not sure if it is too obvious, I'm telling it anyway:The NAND's file system is NOT FAT32 nor VFAT (not since FW 1.1.0) . It is UBIFS. Please be aware that this is a Linux FS.Anybody who is cosidering to repair or fix it with Windows-tool like chkdsk etc. should make sure the application used is capable of working with UBIFS. (I can't tell. I got rid of Windows years ago. :D )rdsKasi
ACE007 said:
Note: I don't have an sd card...

Hi ACE007,

You'd better get yourself an SD card:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51047-cant-delete-from-nand/

I could be wrong, maybe somebody who knows it better could tell if Windows CAN work and repair UBIFS properly ?

However, have a lot of fun with you new toy.
Most likely it is not broken.

rds

Kasi

Last edited by a moderator:
Back