Mp3 Player Advice?

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
Right. So my current MP3 player is starting to be a major annoyance. It's a 20GB player from INOi and appears to have some sort of ground fault in it. That is, every time I want to charge it while I'm listening to it, I can hear my hard drive spinning, whining, and clicking through my speakers. Another thing has been annoying too, and that's the 1-2 second pauses in between songs that are supposed to flow continuously.

So. Does anyone have any suggestions for a non-iPod MP3 player that can charge while it's playing without making noise in the audio ground, and flow without gaps from song to song?

Thanks.

The Creative Zen Vision:M. It's ace, but a little fatter that the ipod.

How much do you want to spend?
Are looks a big deal for you?
How much storage do you want?
Would you want to use rockbox on it? (it pwns, so you should want to :p)

Javacat said:
Less than $200.
Not really.
Probably 4 or 8 GB (it occurred to me that flash memory would be faster than a hard drive player most likely).
Don't know anything about Rockbox, I'm usually content with copying over files in Explorer.

Edit: Actually I was thinking about the Meizu Music Card. Anyone tried one of them? If so, can it play song to song without pausing?

Last edited by a moderator:
get yourself an archos gmini. plays all formats you would need, looks sleek, doesn't cost too much money and I think it has gapless audio aswell, if not, it does if you install rockbox.

I swear by the iAudio X5 with Rockbox. I think it's rather wonderful, and it plays all the formats I want (MP3 and OGG :p) and everything else too :) Nice long battery life (sort of, certainly longer than the iPod's) and there's a 20GB and 30GB model, and possibly a bigger one, I can't remember.

jmetal88 said:
Javacat said:
Less than $200.
Not really.
Probably 4 or 8 GB (it occurred to me that flash memory would be faster than a hard drive player most likely).
Don't know anything about Rockbox, I'm usually content with copying over files in Explorer.

Edit: Actually I was thinking about the Meizu Music Card. Anyone tried one of them? If so, can it play song to song without pausing?

Try the new iAudio 7. It has everything that a person could possibly need. It has a 60 hour battery life, and amazing sound quality. It has a "swing touch" control system as well. The only downside I see is it's thickness.

Here's a couple reviews for you:
anythingbutipod.com
cnet.com

Enjoy!

BTW, newegg just got out of stock a few days ago, but just wait until its back in stock. They have a great deal on that player. The 8GB is only $201 dollars shipped and comes in red. But if you really want to stick to a lower price tag, then get the 4GB. It's only $155 shipped. But it's also out of stock. :unsure:
iAudio 7 4GB

Well guys, I decided not to buy a new MP3 player. Instead I bought a car stereo with a USB port and an SD card slot on it. That way I can use my 20 GB player like a flash drive and hopefully the car stereo can play the audio on it without pauses. If not, I could always burn an actual CD, since it has a CD player on it as well.

jmetal88 said:
Well guys, I decided not to buy a new MP3 player. Instead I bought a car stereo with a USB port and an SD card slot on it. That way I can use my 20 GB player like a flash drive and hopefully the car stereo can play the audio on it without pauses. If not, I could always burn an actual CD, since it has a CD player on it as well.
If that is all you needed it for, then you made a great choice! :D

Back