Much i5 - 5" Gaming Phone with full controls ($200)

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Just saw this today. It's a 5" Quad core Android Phone with 5" screen, 3550 mAh battery and full game controls for $200 delivered.

http://liliputing.com/2013/10/much-i5-is-a-5-inch-smartphone-with-built-in-gaming-buttons.html

much-i5_01.jpg

According to some so called "insiders" much i5 is not that bad at all. That company behind it has spend a fortune on its user interface and optimizing its OS.

The same effort they should spend on porting linux to it. But I guess they can't help it, as the soc used is mediatek's.

Don't put too much hope in its emulation capability though, as it was originally designed as a facebook (web based mmo) gaming console.

Still, I'm looking forward to see a review though, if some of us would bother to get one.

BTW: I thought they were only avalible in China, guess I'm wrong.

I may get one, a phone with gaming controls that fits in ny pocket is just what I need, seems Sony aren't going to fullfill my dream with a Xperia Play II.

Will have to check it out more, interesting though, about time more phone based ones were made with controls

I wonder what the dpad is like though.. 

geekbuying-3ac3f306-e931-4da1-a8dc-f479abe90ef4.jpg

edit: Watching some unboxing vids, the dpad looks ok, not like shown in this above image

Last edited by a moderator:
It's DraStic :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP3gn3l__OI

Wait, just hold your wallet, FZERO, this is just the begining. Bigger and better products are on their way. (I hope the dude in that video has bought Drastic)

Unless you are the type of guy that would buy goodies just to look at them, being patient and  wait for a few month would be worthy. :)

You can take my words for whatever value it worth (bare enough to buy you a bus ride, but still, I have my sources, but I'm not 100% sure of their creditability).

hmm, ok, I might wait a while longer...

I really really want something like this though, ideally a touch smaller still, but think this is an ok size, looks like I could pocket it ok.

Ever since putting my Xperia Play into the drawer I have been getting less impromptu gaming in when out and about, I have the HTCOne now which is a lovely phone, but don't always carry my iCP and I need gaming controls.

I was parting with a couple of my other gaming tablets in order to buy this [go check the trade section anyone who's interested :) ], I like the JXD S7300 but I don't carry bags or anything and it doesn't fit in my jean pocket - That's what I want, and with phone built in is exactly what I want.

I hope your sources are right and there are more smaller-than-7" phones with gaming controls coming very soon :)

Personal computers started out as a bunch of different systems sold by different companies - now there are endless vendors of homogeneous wintel boxes,and no-one really cares which they get.

Is the same thing about to happen with android handheld entertainment?

I hope your sources are right and there are more smaller-than-7" phones with gaming controls coming very soon :)
Nah, when I said bigger, I meant bigger. A few 12" tablet phones will get into the market in a few months. You would need to hide those in your shirt, but that doubles as a bulletproof vase.

I hope you would laugh at that. A joke that people don't tick is like a choking murder that doesn't give me a chubby.

What I really meant was, ED knows it better than I do, since he's the guy that's going to judge and invest. Though it's still in its early stage (only a few prototypes were produced), it could be something phenomenon. Or it could be really awful.

Backing up our buddy ED is better than throwing your hard earned cash to some Chinese lad who has 5 daughters and 1 son to feed. (ok, this joke is bad, my apologies)

The point is, you would feel guilty towards the community if you missed the chance to support the OPT. Am I right?

But of cause, wether or not ED's going to support that project is still pretty much in water. But still, the phone I mentioned is about 30% to 50% more powerful (if specs are to be believed) and has a good d-pad (designed by the same engineer who made Dingoo's and later revo k101's) Even if ED ends up giviing it up, they would still be selling those.

I know it is rude to tell people ED's plan, but it's not like its a classified business secret. The more hyped people are, the more pre-sale ED will get if he decides to back it. Even if he don't, the community would still get to know a decent android device. I'm not trying to help either side here.

I'd say, within a few month, ED would tell us everything. So, just put your wallet on lock-down and avoid eye contacts with young ladies until then.

Is the same thing about to happen with android handheld entertainment?
It's already happening, I'm afraid. But have a look at the bright side, at least now we can play angry birds and fruit ninja without worrying about the quality of the port.

This does sound very interesting ... Though does sound more of a device for planned travel or home use being that size. Will be very interesting to hear more though as plans progress :)

Well, thanks. Thanks a WHOLE heap. I told myself no more reckless spending until after Christmas and you show me THIS? I hope you're happy with yourself vcoleiro  ;)

Great and thorough review there.

I'm thinking I will get this end of the month.

DraStic running pretty much flawlessly on it is good to hear too, With Winter approaching too I'll be wearing a coat with pockets this should fit in no problem

P2 better comes out soon as these new gadgets from Chinese manufacturers are getting better and better every week, and try to suck as much as possible the money from Pandorians here who are trying to save for P2   :)

Well, I for one don't intend getting another device until maybe this time next year... or even the year after that.

I have a Note 8.0 I've hardly used for what I bought if for because I've been so busy... And damn! Where the hell is my ICP2 so I can play DraStic on it properly?

In all honesty, I forecast I get a decent laptop (so I can do digital work at my shop) before I get another gadget.

So P2 can take it's time.

Deen0X mentioned the improvement in HDMI response time after the software update - but the video shows a noticeable lag and he calls it okay for games not requiring precision timing. Do other mobile devices' HDMI connections have such a pesky lag, too?

Hi kuru

i mentioned that there is a noticeable lag using the stock firmware, but after this, i get a proper (normal) android lag.

In the following video, i do a testing about the sound lag, and yes, there is some lag, but IS FROM THE GAME, not the device itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTN7MZInhy8

Consider that currently there is no android device without sound lag. I have Shield, and the sound lag is much similar using this game.

Sound lag is general Android problem, but you can play without problems with this.

Much device don´t have important lag (not more than usual android device), and you can play without problems on your tv.

there is another gameplay where may be you can appreciate the HDMI lag. in fact, there exist some lag, but the normal as any other android device (and many guys don´t appreciate)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyndxyw25ck

In this video, i´m using:

Much i5 connected to external TV via HDMI

Much i5 is cloning image

Mapping on screen controls to external USB controller using Tincore

The external USB controller is wireless.

The device is running with governor = hotplug

With all these conditions, there are many ways to get lag in the game, but for me, Nova3 is fully playable with this conditions

greetings!

Back