Multitouch pad for the Pandora.

XxionxX

Website
www.mcdonaldranch.org
I know that the pandas screen does not have multi point touch capability, but after I saw

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pQpr3W-YmcQ?feature=oembed I was wondering if the panda could support another device which would allow it to do so. I really like the idea of hooking my panda up to a projector (side note: Does the panda support more resolution if you hook it up to another device?) and make a touch screen like this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just analog TV-out

with my experience coming from old ati/nvidia cards i would say don't expect any better then the equivalent of a 800x600 desktop

although that is higher then pandora's 800x480

It's just analog TV-out

with my experience coming from old ati/nvidia cards i would say don't expect any better then the equivalent of a 800x600 desktop

although that is higher then pandora's 800x480

I wasn't referring to the TV-out. I was referring to things like projectors which you can connect with a USB (if that makes a difference).

I guess no one knows anything about multitouch on Linux or the Panda :(

I picked up a Wacom Bamboo for cheap yesterday. Looking at the generic Wacom setup instructions for Ubuntu, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be an easy thing to get working on the Pandora. I'll sure as hell try though, I want to make it a MIDI controller.

Regarding higher res video output, there are some supported USB to VGA adapters. The video performance is not expected to be high though - good for extended desktop and those sorts of apps, probably not so good for gaming.

Apropos the video out situation, I have an LCD projector with WIFI builtin, and you can just stream to it from any other device .. I think someone worked out a way to stream the X11 screen over the gstreamer interface .. that would be one way to do video on a projector, without a cable.

Back