Mupen64Plus HiRes Textures?

Rozza333

Still Fresh
Hi all,

This is my first post on the forums; I've had my Pandora for awhile now, but have only had the time for it recently. I would like to get involved in this community, so far I think it's great! :D

I'm really enjoying using my 1Ghz Panda :)

Just been wondering if it's possible to load high resolution textures and whatnot into Mupen64Plus... Having a poke around the files, it seems to me that our port of Mupen doesn't have the Video Rice plugin, I'm guessing it's because it just doesn't agree with the Panda's hardware. I might be completely wrong here though, please correct me if I am! I'm not even sure how well the emu would run if hires textures were possible, but I thought it was worth a shot :) I checked to see if I could get the rice plugin for Mupen on Slackware or Debian Squeeze, but it seems those packages don't support ARM architecture.

Is there a foreseeable work-around to this? Or is it a lost cause? XD I felt I needed some guidance, so I came here

Thanks in advance,

Rozza

hello and welcome.

I can't answer for sure, someone will though you can be sure :)

Have you seen the Slackware project thread by Linux-SWAT?

I just see on the wiki the compatibility list;

pandorawiki.org/Software_projects/OS/Slackware/PND-compatibility-list

Mupen on there, does that allow you to use your rice plugin?

Thanks for the fast reply, FZERO :)

I think that list is the PND compatability list for SL4P, as in our repo's PNDs which can run within Slackware :D So, no different to running Mupen from the default OS :wacko:

Thanks again for the info, I'd looked a small bit at the Wikis, but not much :) That list will probably come in handy for me in the future :D

Rozza

Last edited by a moderator:
paulscode is working on an updated mupen64plus with rice as well as gles2n64. A test version at least should be out by the end of the month.

Back