Music Player.. which?

andyhamer

I'm currently using Rockbox, but find it a little convoluted for my tastes.

All i really want is something that can play the entire contents of a music folder sequentially & randomly, and a repeat/loop function, not really bothered about fancy UI's or a myriad of audio tweaking options, the ability to skip tracks (forward/back) via the shoulder buttons would be preferable too.

Which is currently the best option for me?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently using Rockbox, but find it a little convoluted for my tastes.

All i really want is something that can play the entire contents of a music folder sequentially & randomly, and a repeat/loop function, not really bothered about fancy UI's or a myriad of audio tweaking options, the ability to skip tracks (forward/back) via the shoulder buttons would be preferable too.

Which is currently the best option for me?

Thanks.
Audacious (enable the global shortcut plugin ;) )

I used to use RockBox as well, but like so many people now, including the above I use DeadBeef now, because it just offers so much more than any other music player alternatives out there on Pandora.

To me, it seems Klaus wants less options, not more. GMU really is your best friend, Klaus. Go to folder, add folder to playlist, play. If you really want, you could mess about with more complicated stuff, but when you don't want to, you don't have to worry about it. GMU is the way :)

Back