Mute/ignore thread

remjey

Hey.

There’s this one thread I don’t want to read anymore but it keeps getting new posts and it marks the whole forum as having new posts.

Is there any way I can mute this thread so any post added to it doesn’t mark it and its forum as containing unread posts ?

Thanks

This has been a regular complaint for a while. I don't think anything has changed, so I don't think there is anything you can do. If you navigate to each section you are interested in instead of clicking "New Posts" you can avoid seeing the stuff you don't care about, however that will probably waste more time.

What I do is skip threads I know I am not interested in, and even save those that I haven't yet looked at that might be time wasters until I don't mind wasting my time. I think I currently have 9 pages of threads with new posts.

By any chance is this thread you started the one you want to ignore? :p

I think people dislike a bunch of the off-topic stuff, too. And Windows stuff. And the threads/posts saying the Pyra hardware needs to be changed, or it is too expensive, or it is stupid because a flagship smartphone, subsidized by a contract with a cellular carrier where the upfront price is lower than the cost of the Pyra, has better specs and is already available.

It would appear people having been here a while, racking up quite the postcount, are behind most of the spam. I dont have any fingers to point in particular. They are all busy typing.

It would appear people having been here a while, racking up quite the postcount, are behind most of the spam. I dont have any fingers to point in particular. They are all busy typing.
Well I wouldn't say that, this is a moderator view of the Pyra General chat area... only if you see the amount of spam we clean out on a daily bases now... I sometimes miss the old forum system.

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 12.51.13 PM.png

Oddly, the spam seems to come in daily bursts. Early in the morning (UK time), there's always 5 to 10 spam threads to delete. If I look in the evening, nothing.

Perhaps the spammers are all in the same part of the world?

Yeah that's essentially when most of them come in, for me that is late evening time period, I'm usually up though. I do notice a few spurts of spam during my work hours, but not in the bulk as that time period.

Lolla spends so much time on the spam she doesn't have time to post.
[doublepost=1481937492,1481937082][/doublepost]I just remembered, people don't like keyboard threads, so gotta ignore those too.

I'd love to be able to ignore the whole Off topic section. :|
See if the other moderators are cool with it. I am pretty sure there are other regular users that also feel that way, so it would be great for all of you to be able to make it vanish from your experience here.

See if the other moderators are cool with it. I am pretty sure there are other regular users that also feel that way, so it would be great for all of you to be able to make it vanish from your experience here.

TBH I really only signed on as moderator to assist with cleaning up this place when craig had left and really as a volunteer I / other people shouldn't have to deal with other peoples mental stimuli.

Off-Topic itself is fine, it's just I don't want to have to see it in the news ticker, it makes my head explode.

Back