My Gp2x

DBH

Website
nicholas.piresonline.com
Thanks to greven and his nice photos I was able to finish up my GP2X model for my portfolio and texture it. This is what I got so far ! (might do some minor tweaks later on etc).

Have I done our device justice? Hope you like it !

gp2x_nicholas.piresonline.jpg

Im thinking maybe later do some promo material for the device and I could also use the model to "visualise" different paint jobs and colours for the device.

I might make a director file that has the model and allows you to change the appearance of the front facia but using a bitmap etc...

I will be adding more shots of the model to my portfolio http://nicholas.piresonline.com later on in the week as well..

EDIT:

I fiddled with the lighting a bit more... adjusted the materials, rounded the buttons a bit more, deepened the joystick cap a tiny bit and remade the inside of the screen to get rid of some minor rendering artifacts...

gp2x_nicholas.piresonline1.jpg

gp2x_nicholas.piresonline2.jpg

gp2x_nicholas.piresonline3.jpg

I'm happy with the result it looks 10x better than the original version i posted and more life like ! :)

nope, i even loaded the URL for that image into a separate window... Nada.

DBH posted on Aug 22 2006 at 01:56 PM said:
Thanks to greven and his nice photos I was able to finish up my GP2X model for my portfolio and texture it. This is what I got so far ! (might do some minor tweaks later on etc).

Have I done our device justice? Hope you like it !

Really very impressive - I'd love to be able to rotate it in 3D to fully appreciate it. Will you be releasing the model to everyone, BTW? It would be really nice if you did.

Your Sweet Show animation was fantastic too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get a chance, I'm sure people would be keen on seeing it in different colours and with designer case mods!

Great work, I wish I gave 3D modelling a try, it looks like a lot of fun. The only inaccuracy here is the joystick's reflection in the case, the GP2X's case is matte not glossy. Of course, I too would like to have the model file to rotate it and then go crazy making cases in photoshop. :)

- Alex

Alex. posted on Aug 22 2006 at 02:56 PM said:
Great work, I wish I gave 3D modelling a try, it looks like a lot of fun. The only inaccuracy here is the joystick's reflection in the case, the GP2X's case is matte not glossy. Of course, I too would like to have the model file to rotate it and then go crazy making cases in photoshop. :)

- Alex
Thats a shadow, Something all solid objects can cause :p

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I need to work on a matte face for the GP2X because after I polished my GP2X facia it looks more or less glossy as in the render, but matches the lower plastic area of the battery led area.

Im not sure I'll release the model just yet, still early but if I can make a decent lower poly version of this later I think a shockwave 3D file etc with the model could be sorted out and then everyone can go wild with the toy.. unless someone knows of another 3D engine etc I can import this into, I could be willing to learn it... and try it out.

Sweet. I often thought about trying this, but im so out of practise with 3D modelling. Was it done in Lightwave or Maya DBH?

can sum1 else put it on imageshack orsomething? I still cant see it :(

Hehe you did great !
It would be awesome to have a smal flash/java application to rotate it. BTW the stick you made is Davec replacement cap, it is not the original one ^^.

Back