My Money Back?

arrrgh

At the beginning when I first preordered my Pandora(February 2009) I was quite excited(and thought I would be receiving it April 2009.) Over time though, my interest in the Pandora has waned and honestly I don't really need/want it anymore. I could get a refund from the OP team, but they're going into the red in the first batch as it is, and they need all the support they can get. The second option is that I wait for my Pandora to come, and I then sell it on eBay so the OP team gets their money, I get my money, and someone else gets a Pandora. What do you think I should do?

Ebay. Save the girls some hassle, make yourself a buck for your trouble. In my opinion.

Who knows - maybe when you get it the flame of interest will be ignited again. :)

If you have the finances to handle it, I would definitely not cancel. We're so close to the end, it would be silly to withdraw. However, I'm sure someone would gladly take your preorder.
I also think that once you have it in hand, you won't want to sell it on eBay anymore... :rolleyes:

arrrgh said:
At the beginning when I first preordered my Pandora(February 2009) I was quite excited(and thought I would be receiving it April 2009.) Over time though, my interest in the Pandora has waned and honestly I don't really need/want it anymore. I could get a refund from the OP team, but they're going into the red in the first batch as it is, and they need all the support they can get. The second option is that I wait for my Pandora to come, and I then sell it on eBay so the OP team gets their money, I get my money, and someone else gets a Pandora. What do you think I should do?
Where abouts in the 4000 order queue are you, mate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
Ebay. Save the girls some hassle, make yourself a buck for your trouble. In my opinion.

He may lose money that way.
If the second batch is coming up right behind the first one, nobody is going to pay him more than list price for it.

shunun said:
I'll buy it
I thought there were still a few pre-order slots left?

(And if not, hang on for a couple of days, There may be more if they decide not to go with these most recent cases! :))

MrBlais said:
Why does anyone ask for our input? Just do it if you don't want it, why do you need us to hold your hand?
Perhaps, deap down inside, he wants to be talked out of it.

If you don't want it, you should cancel. If there's enough interest for a second batch, then your Pandora will get sold anyway. It's interesting you mention you want out. I was just about to jump in.

In b4 "You haven't waited 2 years": I found out about the project somewhat recently. Sorry, I guess.

I drop in from time to time hoping for good news, after pre-ordering in 2008 (and having my cc order cancelled with the probs they had back then).

Were you to be ultra conservative - pull the money. Longer the delay, higher the chance of disaster - a bit like a run on the banks - if everybody decides to pull their dollars at the same time, the bank becomes insolvent and disappears. Enough people call on their Pandora money, there has to be at least a chance that the whole thing folds. Unlikely I'd say, but a possibility which needs to be considered in your decision.

Being conservative, I'd pull now and grab one when they come out - and perhaps go for a later batch and get a better product. I'll certainly be grabbing one as soon as they're available and quality is good.

Cheers
Simon

I think you will change your mind once you hold it in your hands and fire it up. You will think, this is a coolest toy I ever had.

elinscheid said:
I think you will change your mind once you hold it in your hands and fire it up. You will think, this is a coolest toy I ever had.
who said it is a toy?

so many people died by the pandora's Box
even NUBs factory went bankrupt. (just joking)

but really i dont consider it a toy but as a geekly swiss knife

Sphinxter said:
As always, the main thing is not to panic.

And always remember where your Towel is.

Perhaps Craig and MWeston forgot to put a fish in their ear?

VRAndy said:
Perhaps Craig and MWeston forgot to put a fish in their ear?
babelfish1981.jpg

VRAndy said:
If the second batch is coming up right behind the first one, nobody is going to pay him more than list price for it.

Second batch will have a several month lead time over the first batch. There will absolutely be people who are willing to pay well beyond list price to get their hands on one, especially if reviews are glowing. I bet you'll be able to get over $500 for a first batch Pandora sold immediately after it's received.

Back