Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
So I've spent the weekend playing with my new toy... and I am enjoying it as much as I did the first time round! I'm just going to put my initial observations here...

The extra RAM is definitely noticeable as Android and Firefox run a lot better than it did on my CC Pandora. (I haven't used a swap file yet on 1GHz since I haven't needed to!)

Wifi is improved a little, although Notaz managed some fixes when I was without Pandora so this is an unfair comparison. I also never had a REAL issue with wifi, but it feels a nice little bit better.

Overclocking - I can get 1245MHz stable... I did try a little tweaking is system speed(RAM, GPU) but haven't found anything stable yet. I used Notaz's cpu bencher to get to this overclock. :)

Software - Being unable to play some of the stuff these last few months, I have had a bit of a backlog but I've mainly been playing Super Hexagon(Thanks Terry and Notaz) and NubNub (Thanks wb) I also tried to play OpenXCOM but it can't see my files - I suspect it's a case issue but really these things should be case insensitive... :/ I also think it sound find the files from the XCOM port we already have to avoid duplication of files...

I also hooked it upto my TV and with QJoyToKey(Not sure if that's the name?) QJoyPad I remapped a PS2 controller  to the Pandora buttons and could control more without having to hold the Pandora itself.

It feels sturdier than my CC unit - but I did swap the case myself on the CC and obviously this unit is new as opposed to well used unit. I reckon the battery is lasting longer - better power saving or newer battery? I don't know but every minute counts!

And that's all I have to say right now; I'm off to play some more Super Hexagon in the bath! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure my comfort level of putting expensive and hard to obtain gadgets near water is pretty close to zero :p
Give the panda some credit, mine fell down in a puddle during the current flooding in germany (magdeburg) and nothing happened (not even a restart) ;)

mine fell down in a puddle during the current flooding in germany (magdeburg) and nothing happened (not even a restart) ;)
Nice one ... almost miraculous!  or is the Pandora in fact secretly water-proof?

Did your Pandora actually go under-water in the puddle?

Back