My Pandora Bookmark

Middo

Website
www.fillsites.com.au
http://www.fillsites.com.au/pandora/index.html

My small bookmark web page. Is handy when chasing down Pandora info from different PC's or from the Pandora itself from different web browsers.

I made it for myself, but may come in handy for others?

Should be Pandora Web browser friendly and finger friendly also!

Any input is welcome and additional major links also welcome!

Cheers fellow Pandorians!

Middo :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually really cool and well-done. The wiki should be closer to the top, though. And the Turkish GP2X site link goes to the OpenPandora site for some reason.

There's some very handy stuff on that page of yours, and it has a nice clean layout. One of the best bookmark pages I have ever seen.

Maybe in the future the small screenshots could be dynamically rendered, but that's only a bonus for this already great website.

Added some Wallpaper stuff, uploaded as many user and forum members wallpapers onto photobucket as I could find.

What are peoples thoughts of, with regards to the bookmarks section, to open the links in seperate tab or window? or to leave it as it is? Some opinions would be great!

Cheers

Middo (or Middomiddo as Middo is taken on Photobucket :eek: )

Hi,

Not sure where you got the images from that you have used in your photobucket stream, but the first 26 images were photographed by me, and the only place that I recall posting and sharing them was on dflemstr's now redundant wallpaper site. http://dflemstr.dyndns.org/

I shared them there as I was happy with the copyright and terms of use statement at the time.

I am not happy with the photobucket terms, namely:

6.1 "you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate"

Also that you have agreed to:

6.2 "You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Photobucket Services"

Kindly remove my images and I will host them in a copyleft friendly manner somewhere else.

Cheers.

Heh, thanks for linking to mine (with the amount I have, rehosting would have been a problem). Could you correct the spelling of my name, though, please? It's not "Pometheus". ;)

EDIT: Hang on a minute, why has one of them been rehosted? Isn't that a bit redundant?

LOL! :lol:

Really awesome to see how a person creates a new forum account, just to state that some pictures (a piece of static reality) on website X belong to him/her.

Welcome to the Internet! In the future you better state such things on the picture itself. Something like the Creative Commons logos come to mind. Doesn't matter if you are going to place them on another website with different terms of use, as the picture itself contains no message and can be reproduced very easily.

On the other side, can you even prove they are yours? :)

LOL! :lol:

Really awesome to see how a person creates a new forum account, just to state that some pictures (a piece of static reality) on website X belong to him/her.

Welcome to the Internet! In the future you better state such things on the picture itself. Something like the Creative Commons logos come to mind. Doesn't matter if you are going to place them on another website with different terms of use, as the picture itself contains no message and can be reproduced very easily.

On the other side, can you even prove they are yours? :)
I don't mean to speak out of line here, but copyright doesn't work like you seem to think it works. ;)

I remember when WorldTripping posted these on the other forums way, way back.

Prometheus : Sry about the spelling, fixed! and amended the link picture etc.

Worldtripping : Photos removed as requested. (If I missed any, please advise)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else have a site with wallpapers they wish to share? I'll add a link if so.

Cheers!

^ Thanks man.

You do still have the Kung-Fu Panda desktop background on the Photobucket space, but that's not a problem - just didn't seem to be a good idea for you to be using up your allocated bandwidth on it when it's already on my own space. ;)

I reckon you both know each other.

Something may be automatically copyrighted (that is how it works), but that usually means 0 on the Internet. If you post pictures and do not want them used or anything, make it perfectly clear (watermarks, license on the picture, © sign with name). Else you can go hunting down your pictures everywhere in the worst case scenario.

If someone wants to nag you then he/she would post those pictures on a few dozen websites under random accounts. And of course you would not stand a chance.

If we lived in a perfect world then these digital problems would not exist, because there would be a giant Internet database where you could license all your pictures. And when copies where made of them, they would be automatically deleted. But unfortunately society is not that far yet.

I reckon you both know each other.
Nope, sorry - you reckon completely wrong. :p I just have a good memory for random posts I saw (it's how I find links quickly for the Support section).

Some new additions etc. added. Also a USERS section, if you guys want me add your BLOG or SITE, let me know. Good place to keep all links together for fellow pandorians.

OS - section added (Can anyone point me to the GENTOO information / downloads etc and I will add this as well.) Also any other OS that is under development etc. that I dont know about.

As always, any additions or feedback is welcome!

Cheers!

Middo

Back