My random retro-games review blog

tuki_cat

Hi all,

Needing an excuse to play more games on my Pandora I have started a retro game review blog. My wife, who thinks games are a waste of time, can now see me something semi-productive for me playing them!

Anyway, if you don't mind poor grammar and spelling and like reviews of some of the more obsecure retro games from 80s & 90s then my blog might be for you. I plan to add around two reviews a week.

http://retro-gamerev...blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks and be gentle with the comments - I haven't been doing this long!!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
He who dares Rodney, he who dares... :)

That one does look worth a play as it goes, I'm a fan of the old Commando game.

Nice reviews

Thanks FZERO I appreciate the feedback. I hope to have some more reviews up this week.

Hi 2bit,

No, don't make any money out of it - just use it as an excuse to play some games and share this with others.

I think you can sell ads through Adsence (I think that is what it is called) but I don't think I'll ever bother, I don't want the whole thing to get swamped with ads.

Out of interest, why do you ask?

It's a really good idea, but as you add more reviews it'll be harder to find older ones in the long chain - having to scroll down to find reviews will eventually become an impossible chore.

Could you make each review an individual page and have an alphabetical/by system link to each and a search bar?.

I also wonder if it would be feasible to link to other sites that reviewed the same game on the same system (even if it just displays magazine scans of reviews), eg. World Of Spectrum

Anyway, nice job :)

It's a really good idea, but as you add more reviews it'll be harder to find older ones in the long chain - having to scroll down to find reviews will eventually become an impossible chore.

Could you make each review an individual page and have an alphabetical/by system link to each and a search bar?.

I also wonder if it would be feasible to link to other sites that reviewed the same game on the same system (even if it just displays magazine scans of reviews), eg. World Of Spectrum

Anyway, nice job :)

Hi,

Thanks for the comments. I'm new to blogging but I am sure I can do what you suggest, I'll take a look at see how I get on.

:)

Hi 2bit,

No, don't make any money out of it - just use it as an excuse to play some games and share this with others.

I think you can sell ads through Adsence (I think that is what it is called) but I don't think I'll ever bother, I don't want the whole thing to get swamped with ads.

Hello tuki-cat , thanks for answering and I ask because quite frankly if I think I can make money off something ( as long as its not illegal against my morals or bad for the environment ) then I probably will . Just wanted to know because as you know playing games takes time and I don't always have the luxury of playing a game from start to finish .

Example of my money making habit : in 7th grade I sold a box of airheads candy for 15 dollars .

I apologize for my grammar but I am a teenage American and we are infamous for butchering the English language .

Ps the site is very comprehensive :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi 2bit,

Hello tuki-cat , thanks for answering and I ask because quite frankly if I think I can make money off something ( as long as its not illegal against my morals or bad for the environment ) then I probably will . Just wanted to know because as you know playing games takes time and I don't always have the luxury of playing a game from start to finish .

Example of my money making habit : in 7th grade I sold a box of airheads candy for 15 dollars .

I apologize for my grammar but I am a teenage American and we are infamous for butchering the English language .

Hi 2bit,

I think you can make money out of blogging if you adsence, but i think you need a good number of people reading your blog to do so.

For me it is just a hobby - just a way to make a contribution to something that has given me three decades of fun!

It is good to see a teenager looking for opportunities to make some money, so if you want to give it a try I say go for it!

I would not worry about butchering the English language, I lived in England all my life and I've been butchering it since the day I first spoke!

Hi 2bit,

Hi 2bit,

I think you can make money out of blogging if you adsence, but i think you need a good number of people reading your blog to do so.

For me it is just a hobby - just a way to make a contribution to something that has given me three decades of fun!

It is good to see a teenager looking for opportunities to make some money, so if you want to give it a try I say go for it!

I would not worry about butchering the English language, I lived in England all my life and I've been butchering it since the day I first spoke!

My idea was actually to create a YouTube partnership account ( which is where you baiscly get paid to put ads on your videos you've probably seen the type ) and then viciously advertise it .

Back