My School Is So Annoying

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
In sixth form my school does everything i need except the ICT. The ICT coursethey do (forgot which one) is not for learning to program or be a technician or administrator or network admin/technician apparently which is so fucking annoy. menas i have to go out of this pile of crap town into the even more pile of crap parts of england into the unknows for higher education earlier than i thought! why the fuck could they not just do the other course they want to do? cos of stupid school being crap!

If you plan to do ICT later on dont do ict do physics chemistry maths... For example computer engineering/ software engineering often prefer science based subjects as they teach problem solving more directly and physcs/maths prepare you for the ridiculous amount of formula's you need in programming....If you specificially want to be an admin / technician maybe you should do the course :|

i want to be a programmer. so i should not go to a different place and take a course involving programming i sould stay here and do physics, chemistry and maths at A-Level?

We got into our schools ICT guys area once and busted him for downloading illiegal music.

Good times...

yep many a time we enjoy that. i mon computer probation. cos on friday i derestricted everyones user 1 st lesson then last lesson formatted all 3 servers all startign with a hidden share c$ and admin$ the stupid idiots had allowed everyone access to and so i am on probation. i waited till the back up had finished for gods sake. they jsut had to reinstall alot of stuff not the end of the world!

Just do physics chemistry maths and then anything you like as an AS that leaves your options open to everything even [ spam word ], but especially programming. Though i am doing general engineering with those options and also applying for computer engineering

sam fisher posted on Oct 14 2005 at 05:59 PM said:
yep many a time we enjoy that. i mon computer probation. cos on friday i derestricted everyones user 1 st lesson then last lesson formatted all 3 servers all startign with a hidden share c$ and admin$ the stupid idiots had allowed everyone access to and so i am on probation. i waited till the back up had finished for gods sake. they jsut had to reinstall alot of stuff not the end of the world!

I'm an IT manager and if you'd done that to my systems you be singing the high notes for a very long time. Have you any idea at all how long it takes to rebuild servers even from backups? Just because the prats were daft enough to have no security doesn't mean you should just fuck everything up. Next you'll be telling us you're a fucking script kiddie. Sam you have seriously plummeted in my estimation of you.

If someone left their keys in the a car you'd still be a criminal if you stole it.

Last edited by a moderator:
the tech department at my school sucks (i'm in the US). I'm taking an introduction to programming which is teaching VB, which I already know. I explained this to the teacher and asked if I could skip to the next level up, java, but he said that you have to take the intro class first. I know how to program better than the teacher. He spent a few MINUTES trying to "debug" his "Hello World!" program..... I noticed the problem right away but waited a few minutes before telling him: labels in VB use the caption property to display text, not the text property! None of the other kids in the class are learning anything because he never actually teaches anything, he just tells us to go to his website (he didn't actually write the guides, he just copied them from somewhere else and calls them his) and read certain things and then try the days project. Noone ever reads the guides and they never understand the projects and hes too busy gaming to help them. Someone asked for help on the project and he said something like, "can't you see i'm busy?" (he was playing age of empires 2 over the schools network). One of the other tech guys (who also teaches government classes :huh: ) is building his father a PC when he's supposed to be working. The last one "manages the network" and spends most of his time gaming.

Thats plain nasty.

sam fisher posted on Oct 14 2005 at 06:59 PM said:
cos on friday i derestricted everyones user 1 st lesson then last lesson formatted all 3 servers all startign with a hidden share c$ and admin$ the stupid idiots had allowed everyone access to and so i am on probation. i waited till the back up had finished for gods sake. they jsut had to reinstall alot of stuff not the end of the world!
You will never get a computer-related job if you can't be trusted. Also learn how to spell.

BaDToaD posted on Oct 14 2005 at 09:51 PM said:
Have you any idea at all how long it takes to rebuild servers even from backups?
A couple hours? I thought most admins took the easy option of ghosting the drives.

In sixth form my school does everything i need except the ICT.
ICT will teach you how to use Microsoft Access and Visual Basic. This is not what you need to learn. Go learn Maths, and maybe even Further Maths (if you don't learn it at A-level, you will learn it in your course). And Physics. Then take Computer Science, or if you're not ready for that, Computer Information Systems.

Honestly, Spammer nobody believes you anyways, just like when you said that you'd tracked bargainbassment's Ip.

BaDToaD posted on Oct 14 2005 at 09:51 PM said:

I'm an IT manager and if you'd done that to my systems you be singing the high notes for a very long time. Have you any idea at all how long it takes to rebuild servers even from backups? Just because the prats were daft enough to have no security doesn't mean you should just fuck everything up. Next you'll be telling us you're a fucking script kiddie. Sam you have seriously plummeted in my estimation of you.

If someone left their keys in the a car you'd still be a criminal if you stole it.
I never said i tracked BB's IP. I never knew it. Just said that so he would go away.

badtoad: I apologised and am not to even run unallowed exe's. There is a separate other two servers on the Admin network and a file server. All the drives are ghosted. I think it took them 30-40 mins to recover everything. and i did not mean ot format them. i thought that was defonetly restricted. On the plus side. Now all these security holes are being closed so in a way they are thanking me. Some other kid could of gone worse and deleted the backups!

By the same argument you should be thanking virus writers for trashing your files just so M$ know they have a problem.

Maybe you could have just gone to them and told them?

What types of math do you guys have in the UK? I'm just a little curious. I'm in 10th grade in a private school in the US and i'm in honors pre-calc (i skipped a grade ahead in math, most of my friends are in algebra 2 or geometry). I will be taking AP calculus next year followed by AP statistics in my senior year.

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 15 2005 at 09:49 AM said:
What types of math do you guys have in the UK? I'm just a little curious. I'm in 10th grade in a private school in the US and i'm in honors pre-calc (i skipped a grade ahead in math, most of my friends are in algebra 2 or geometry). I will be taking AP calculus next year followed by AP statistics in my senior year.
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmn

im a senior and taking pre-calc ;)

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 15 2005 at 01:49 PM said:
we refer to "math" as maths other here.

I'm a network engineer and system admin where I work, and I can tell you for a fact, you cant format network drives... Formatting is a physical process, and cant be carried out on what are (where c$ and admin$ would be concerned) logical windows shares. So first... get your terminology right.

<RANT>

Also, if you did do what you said, what was the point? It just creates work for people, and makes you look like a sadistic wanker. We've dealt with so many people like you, and in the end it gets boring. in most organizations, there are chinks in the security, but you sometimes have to trust your people to not make life difficult by fucking things up like you claim you had.

I dont know exactly why people brag about going around doing shit like that - it really pisses me off. It's like saying 'They made their house out of wood, the fools, so I showed them up by burning it down'.

Nice.

</RANT>

Back