Nanostray

I agree. it looks very good. At the moment though, there is no release date for europe or britain announced. im just gonna import it from the US as it is out there soon.

I never preorder games, I wait for reviews. I think it`s a bit stupid to pre-order if you don`t know a game and you don`t know if it will turn out good...

But if the game turns out to be good, I`ll buy it... I really liked Iridion2 on GBA (also Majesco)

I'm glad to see another one of these shooters and can't wait to get my hands on this game. Once it comes out, it'll be the 2nd most wanted game (not counting future rleeases that aren't out yet) I'm looking forward to for the DS. At the moment SM64DS is the only game I have and been waiting for another great game to play (I know theres other cool titles but I'm not that interested in most of em) and this should be the answer. Looks like I don't have much time to start saving up til next tuesday..but this is gonna be great.

Quiest posted on Jul 11 2005 at 05:30 PM said:
I never preorder games, I wait for reviews. I think it`s a bit stupid to pre-order if you don`t know a game and you don`t know if it will turn out good...
I pre-order hardware for obvious reasons. And sometimes there are really awesome incentives for pre-orders, like the Zelda:OoT/Master Quest disc that came free if you preorder Zelda:WW (which I don't think there was any doubt whether that would be good or not).

In this case, there's really no need to pre-order... not like they'll run out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rarely preorder stuff unless I think it will be hard to get ahold of.

Anyways, I do want Nanostray, I played the hell out of it at E3 and it's a pretty darn good sh'mup. It's made by the same people who made Iridion 1 and 2 (2 was freakin SWEET on GBA). And there is a definate resemblence there in the way the game looks and plays.

I hope they figure out like most other companies have, that to charge full/regular price for a shooter is just rediculous, and release this at a lowered price. Such has been the trend on console systems for quite some time.

For anyone who's interested, there are also screenshots of the PSP's first overhead shooter floating around at IGN and elsewhere, though for the life of me I can't remember the name of it right now. If you're interested I"m sure you'll be able to find it :) It looks gorgeous though I remember that much.

bast525 posted on Jul 12 2005 at 06:35 AM said:
I rarely preorder stuff unless I think it will be hard to get ahold of.

Anyways, I do want Nanostray, I played the hell out of it at E3 and it's a pretty darn good sh'mup. It's made by the same people who made Iridion 1 and 2 (2 was freakin SWEET on GBA). And there is a definate resemblence there in the way the game looks and plays.

I hope they figure out like most other companies have, that to charge full/regular price for a shooter is just rediculous, and release this at a lowered price. Such has been the trend on console systems for quite some time.

For anyone who's interested, there are also screenshots of the PSP's first overhead shooter floating around at IGN and elsewhere, though for the life of me I can't remember the name of it right now. If you're interested I"m sure you'll be able to find it :) It looks gorgeous though I remember that much.

Am I right in thinking you play it like Vertical on the GP32, by tilting the PSP on it's side and using the DPad and analogue stick to shoot and move? If so it does look gorgeous, although I hope you can play it the normal way round.

playing vertical on the psp would be awesome, with that screen you could definately see things coming at you alot easier, i imagine that getting used to controlling the ship from the anolog stick would take some getting used to though since i'm right handed, i use my left hand to do the controls and right hand for buttons, but still would be cool and surely not that hard to get used to.

It would be great to look at, but not very ergonomic. I can imagine a third party, or maybe even the developers themselves producing something to go around the side of the PSP to make it feel a bit better.

Einhander f'ing ROCKS! It's right up there with Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga IMO.

and yeah, the shooter I was talking about for PSP, you hold the PSP sideways. Not my preference, but I'll manage. I play a few Mame games this way on my GP32, and yeah there were games you played like that on your Lynx... it wasn't that bad at all I say. But the Lynx was better designed for it, with the buttons very close to the edge of the system, unlike the GP and PSP where the buttons are more centered. I know it's kinda a pain in the butt on the GP.

shinneri posted on Jul 12 2005 at 07:22 AM said:
Quiest posted on Jul 11 2005 at 05:30 PM said:
I pre-order hardware for obvious reasons. And sometimes there are really awesome incentives for pre-orders, like the Zelda:OoT/Master Quest disc that came free if you preorder Zelda:WW (which I don't think there was any doubt whether that would be good or not).

In this case, there's really no need to pre-order... not like they'll run out.

Okay, there is sure nothing wrong with preordering games you know you will like them. There are always exceptions, like Zelda, Resident Evil4, Half-Life 2, the stuff that is for sure going to be great.

I bought that bonus disc off of ebay for $10 and then just played my friend's wind waker disc when after he beat it

Back