(NDS) Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin

Creature XL

Website
Visit site
Since I have found "Drastic" I am playing "Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin".

Today I encountered a problem with the game. It migh be Pandora related but I guess it is not. That's why it is in this section.

So, I found the item "Eye for Decay" which should (according to a youtube video) display animated circles when I am near a breakable wall.

To check it out, I took a 100% map from the internet to find a secrete area in the castle. However, when I am near that location there are no circles.

Needless to say that I can break the wall with my sword.

So, is this a prolem with the emulator or does the item just does not display ALL breakable walls. That would be disappointing after I have slaughter 254 Peeping Eyes in four sessions :)

I am using Drastic 2.1.3p

Can I use my old savestaes after the upgrade to 2.1.6?

Iirc Exo mentioned some problems with the castlevania games.

But he was not very specific.

So, is this a prolem with the emulator or does the item just does not display ALL breakable walls. That would be disappointing after I have slaughter 254 Peeping Eyes in four sessions
I also killed lots of eyes and they should work with every wall.

I played on an original DS.

SO it should be a DraStic bug then.

The CastleVania games don't always work properly on an R4 on a real DS. I wonder if it's a bad ROM(s) or there's some form of protection/checking method in the ROM itself.

Wow, I am surprised to get so good answers that quickly. Awesome!

Thank you all.

Good to know it is most probably a bug in "Drastic" (would be interesting what it is though, can't imagine they used an uber-feature of the DS to display these circles).

For me it is not much of  a problem as most secrete rooms can be spotted on the map and additioanlly, I slash the walls often so I find the one or the other room.

For the reminder I use the Internet. And killing these  "Eyes" took me long, however, it was really fun. there is a room in the "City of Hazard" which you enter, then jump and fall down to slash teh beast while falling. :)

If I find another hidden room, I make a safe state for Exophase, in case he want to debug it.

Back