Need a suggestion for a book

albo

Still Fresh
Hi everybody,

I'm a 17 years old italian student, and I'm studying programming stuff... My computer programming teacher is half german and he does his job really good! Too bad, he can't teach C or C++ language, he has to teach other languages like Delphi (or pascal-like languages anyway...)

I don't know how this type of schools works in other countries like USA or Germany, but in my school there is a subject called Systems that includes

• C and C++ languages

• Operative systems: how do they work and stuff like that...

• Hardware (motherboards, ram, hd drives...)

• Many other topics like drivers, controllers, devices (how they work...)

My teacher of this subject is a programming veteran, but he can't really explain very well anything.

Now, I would really like to understand how computers work inside, and why C is such a great programming language (maybe I will buy a Pandora when I will be a decent programmer, it could be really useful for that :) ) and I need your suggestions about book I can buy on the Internet ( I know Amazon has tons of books to choose from) that can explain quite well these things. I know english pretty well, but I don't know german at all!

TL;DR : suggest me a good book I can buy on the Internet (better on Amazon) about C, or one about "how computers work"... english only!

Sorry for possible spelling / syntax mistakes :)

Thank you very much for answering me! I reall think I will buy it as soon as possible :)

Thank you monty :) I'll probably check it out after the C book :D

Back