Need advice on broken pandora (won't start)

panchetc

Still Fresh
Purchased this via Ebay a while back (in 2010). Definitely is a 1st batch Pandora (shows Made in England in the battery compartment). I currently reside in the United States.

Battery had a crack in it, and has since been discarded.

Tried using both a PSP power supply as well as the original Pandora supply, but the unit won't start with just the AC adapter alone. Note that none of the Pandora LEDs light up when the power supply is plugged in.

What are my options at this point? I'm looking for the best possible solution (as well as cheapest). Should I:

1. Attempt an RMA? If so, who do I need to contact?

2. Purchase a battery, and see if it will work.

3. Upgrade the Pandora.

4. Some other option I didn't consider.

Thank you in advance to all replies.

Personally, I would start wth the battery since running straight from the mains isn't officially supported to my knowledge, not all Pandoras can do that as I recall.

I have... three spare batteries for my one Pandora. It's a bit silly, pm me if you would like one tested and fully charged sent to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, a battery.

Panchetc, do you have pictures of yours ?

@ bismuthdrummer

Very kind, sir, very kind, but not necessary.

@ Linux-SWAT

Don't have any pictures of the battery (I lost it or got rid of it a while back).

@ notaz

Thanks, I will do just that.

It's not just a matter of kindness, it's efficiency. I have 4 Pandora batteries for one Pandora. Obviously I don't use them all, I swap one once in awhile.

This came from shipping back (post office doesn't allow them overseas) and getting a spare as part of a refurbished Pandora deal.

It doesn't make sense to buy another when I could send you one or two for free... but do as you please, I am not offended or anything, just bewildered.

Back