need another metroid 2 remake play on pandora

weber pierre

Still Fresh
hi,

would like to make a special b'day gift to someone who is a great metroid nintendo fan : want to
make him play the cool another metroid 2 remake on pandora!

unfortunately i am very poor in all these technics and software downloads : is there someone who can help me ?

it would be great....and one of the coolest gifts ever......

pierre

Sorry but this game was taken down with a DCMA request meaning nobody can publish it unless Nintendo were to do so themselves.

There is also no source code so no port is possible.

I have the game now on my pc, can you tell me how to install it on the pandora ?

You can't use the same binary of the pc version, but with the sourcecode being available (assuming the link i posted has everything needed to make a pandora port) you can ask to some devs on these boards to port this wonderful metroid remake to our beloved pandoras.

notaz and ptitseb are among the best devs on these boards, just try to ask them.

thanks, how to i find them ? maybe there is another system where i can run this game ( another hand held ) ?

Just use the search function, insert notaz or ptitseb under "posted by member" category and you should have easy access to their profile, then just send a PM to any of these two.

It still requires original code that cannot be redistributed and because it's made in gamemaker... I doubt ptitseb or notaz will port this because one person wants it :|

I doubt ptitseb or notaz will port this because one person wants it :|

I'm sure that there's not only one around who wants this, I always thought that one of the strongest point of the Pandora was to have entire series on it, and this game is mostly considered as an official one (even if better !!).

The difficulty of the port could be another story anyway, as I read they had to reverse engineer the original binary, and then stopped working on it... so I suppose that after the port (if it works "easily") there will be a lot of new untested bugs...

Anyway, as I just did a little search around, the game itself is far from disappeared... Did Nintendo lost it's touch ?

i also think that there would be many, many people around who would absolutely want to play this one on pandora......would be thrilling to compare this one with the official nintendo game which will be released in september....

Back