Need help in bug-hunting

lomaxx

I am still working on the mpd-package. So far I managed to sort out most issues. One bug left is probably due to some flaw in libgme, which I won't work on any further. But still there is another one left:

When I run MPD from a directory that is NOT packed into a pnd, then scanning for and running midi-files (.mid) works. Unfortunately after packing everything into a PND, MPD crashes as soon as you specify a directory holding mid-files.

You should be able to experience the bug on yourself if you try it. Also it should work for you if you extract the content of the PND to a directory and run the ./run.sh-script from there.

I tried to solve this on my own, looked for some related config-files which could not be accessed since the HOME-directory is being changed, but didn't find anything that helps. Also I ran MPD with "strace -f ./mpd.sh", opened a second terminal to launch ncmpcpp and updated the database so MPD crashes. But the resulting output of strace does not help me in any way. I'm lacking experience there.

If anyone has an idea what might be causing this or even has a solution, then please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I attached the output of strace.

This was created by running mpd from inside a PND with only one music-path assigned (containing only one mid-file). MPD crashed as usual when doing a database update initiated from ncmpcpp.

There are quite many error-messages containing "No such file or directory", which are related to libraries. Do I have to add all of them to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH-directory? I'm not sure. On the one hand it clearly states that mpd is trying to access them, but on the other hand everything is running flawless (when run from outside a PND).

UPDATE: I know understood that the the libraries are actually just searched for in various places and finally found in the actual directory. So this should be ok.

I'll continue research meanwhile.

Attachments

• strace.txt
    683.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:
Back