Need Help With Gp2x

hellfireguard

Still Fresh
I recently recieved the GP2X and have been anxious to play around with it. Problem is when I try to hook it up to my computer i get an error on my computer that says "USB Device Not Recognized: One of the USB devices attatched to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message". Of course I clicked on the message and of course windows would screw me over and tell me that I have 0 available options. The thing works perfectly otherwise. Is it just a defective product or is there something special I need to do for my computer to recognize it?

butterz616 posted on Dec 25 2006 at 03:57 PM said:
I recently recieved the GP2X and have been anxious to play around with it. Problem is when I try to hook it up to my computer i get an error on my computer that says "USB Device Not Recognized: One of the USB devices attatched to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message". Of course I clicked on the message and of course windows would screw me over and tell me that I have 0 available options. The thing works perfectly otherwise. Is it just a defective product or is there something special I need to do for my computer to recognize it?
Defective USB Cable that came with it. If you have another around, try that. There are a lot of defective cables that come with the GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
The USB functionality is a gamble most of the times.

Get a card reader™

prairiefire posted on Dec 25 2006 at 04:11 PM said:
butterz616 posted on Dec 25 2006 at 03:57 PM said:
Defective USB Cable that came with it. If you have another around, try that. There are a lot of defective cables that come with the GP2X, but the GP2X itself should be just fine. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back