Need Some Advice About Ds Flashcarts

T

TelcoLou

I finally traded in my old silver-painted beast, and got a nice sleek Onyx DS Lite. The build quality is much better than the original white one I tried out at the store last year some time ...

ANYway ... I was thinking of getting this:

Link to EZ Flash V Bundle

From what I can glean from the information there, this thing will play DS roms, as well as GBA roms, and homebrew, yes?

I like the 'no flashing or passkey needed' feature the most ;) Seems like it's dumb old guy-proof, but I wanted to get some feedback before I order it.

As always, thanks in advance ...

i've been looking in to this recently also, i've not come across that. i've mainly been lookin at slot 1 devices but i heard they wernt very compatable with homebrew which all i really want it for. it looks pretty good im rather tempted myself.

TelcoLou said:
From what I can glean from the information there, this thing will play DS roms, as well as GBA roms, and homebrew, yes?
yes it will play ds and gba roms as far as i can see

TelcoLou said:
I like the 'no flashing or passkey needed' feature the most ;) Seems like it's dumb old guy-proof, but I wanted to get some feedback before I order it.
i like that to - i dont think ill ever risk flashin my ds

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply norm;

I don't really care about homebrew for the DS; just need to play some DS and GBA games for free ;)

Nice to see the build quality has improved, I was really disappointed with it when I bought mine, and as a result, the thing has barely been touched.

Nova said:
Nice to see the build quality has improved, I was really disappointed with it when I bought mine, and as a result, the thing has barely been touched.
To be honest, it rocks! It's got that PSP-shineyness to the outer parts of the case, but the inside is a flat-black (like the GP2X), and it feels very solid in the hands. And the screens! Oh my, are they bright :lol:

I agree, it is lovely, except mine has a yellowed bottom screen and a cluster of green stuck pixels on the top screen.

purple_goat said:
I would buy a r4 here
and wait for gpsp to go full speed :)

Thanks .. but I'd rather not carry around yet another system for my GBA games :)

I paid 55 australian dollars for a DSlinker with 2GB built in.

www.dslinker.com.

It plays all the DS games I throw at it well. I says it plays GBA, but I never tested. It also does not stick out, so you can use it in public without a worry.

People say it is crap for homebrew, but I never played to be honest. I use my GP2X for homebrew.

Anyway, it's not bad for the cheapest solution. Not really upgradable, as you are stuck with 2GB. Which is well enough for me.

I don't wish to throw more confusion into the mix, but the Supercard Lite (NOT rumble) is an awesome piece of kit.

I'd check out Bamboo Gaming for your DS flash card needs, they are the cheapest I've seen anywhere, they also sell combos, eg flashcart + memcard. Having bought my supercard from them, I can vouch for both the retailer and the product's greatness

Nova said:
I don't wish to throw more confusion into the mix, but the Supercard Lite (NOT rumble) is an awesome piece of kit.

I'd check out Bamboo Gaming for your DS flash card needs, they are the cheapest I've seen anywhere, they also sell combos, eg flashcart + memcard. Having bought my supercard from them, I can vouch for both the retailer and the product's greatness

Hmmmm, is it the same card as:

This one?

I'm in the U.S., and as such, 'twould be cheaper from gp2xstore.

And this line makes me hesitant:

- Higher Speed than SuperCard MiniSD and SuperCard SD version, can run DS games almost whithout any breaks when using high speed MicroSD Flash.

??? So many devices!!! Head ... Spinning!!!!

Thanks again for all the input folks, you rock :D

ive got a normal super card wich was good but it sticks out. I havent used my ds in ages tho but when i did the super card was good :). Do those places post to uk ? coz it wa sjust on the news that the £ is worth over $2 today :eek::O

slightly off topic but how do you backup your ds games?

EDIT: also whats the os like on the EZ Flash V?? and does it come in white?

yoyoyoyoyoyoyo said:
I got the M3 it runs everything. GBA, NDS, and homebrew games.

I got M3 Perfect Lite MicroSD or the M3 Professional Lite MicroSD English. I dont remember. lol
Thanks again for you help ... but What does this bit mean:

"The M3 adapter is capable of running .NDS files (Passcard required)."

... seems like I need an extra thingamabob ...

Back