Need Some Constuctive Criticism On My Website

hard to say anything because the add banners are screwing the whole thing up.

other than that, with a bit more content could be quite nice, admittedly its plain and simple butmost 'scene' sights are.

- Drop the font. Times New Roman isn't nice to look at.
- Remove the Linebreaks, they're ugly and not needed
- The buttons are a little lackluster, otherwise ok.
- Align the text a little furthur away from the buttons.

Overall unimpressive but keep trying.

:(

the ads are horrific. The layout is pretty shoddy, in fact no thought seems to have been put into the design at all.

On a more constructive note, as klown mentioned put more thought into the alignment of text, the layout of the images and never, ever use a default font.

TBH, have a look around the web at site layouts you like, then sit down with a pencil and paper ( :eek:) and sketch some basic layouts. THEN start using a computer.

- Drop the font. Times New Roman isn't nice to look at.
- Remove the Linebreaks, they're ugly and not needed
- The buttons are a little lackluster, otherwise ok.
- Align the text a little furthur away from the buttons.

Overall unimpressive but keep trying.
done 2 of those so far. just need to design new buttons and chane font. can you recomend a good font to use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eurostile or Arial... they're both pretty close

by the way, sam, you spelled peripheral incorrectly.

use cold fusion with the information in a database backend, render the display as a read only image from the middle servers onto front end servers for security.

or get some more content :)

change your email link to a picture of your email address or fear the wrath of the evil spammers

If you want to get an idea of how a site might look, I grab the most basic art package Windows Paint will do, and draw up a mock site on screen, this can give you excellent ideas of how it looks, colour schemes etc.

One thing I found, the main frame doesn't always match the menu, sometimes it's totally black, other times it's white. The site should have more consistency.

I agree about the banner, it really is intrusive. I guess it's gonna be annoying to move it if you finder a better hosting, especially as you got PHPBB up and running now an all.

Personally, I wouldn't have gone with frames, I would have used tables instead.

It's getting there though, keep up the work :)

i onlt see one banner on the main frame. do you see one in the menu? in the main frame its not intrusive and just sits there. is it in the menu aswell? yes. i do need to make the colour consistent. i will do that later.

besides phpbb is easy to set up. i just dont know another site which is free and offer mysql and php and a fair amount of band width and webspace.

i onlt see one banner on the main frame. do you see one in the menu? in the main frame its not intrusive and just sits there. is it in the menu aswell? yes. i do need to make the colour consistent. i will do that later.

besides phpbb is easy to set up. i just dont know another site which is free and offer mysql and php and a fair amount of band width and webspace.

I agree with exael about the banner, it's terrible.

I have noticed that a lot of the free providers are going a bit over the top with banners recently. A good friend of mine had a site hosted at lycos. They stick banners that pop up all over the place and completely ruin anyones site. Take a look :

T-Room (Old Kids Television Program)

I have noticed that some of Lycos's banners cause javascript errors too. This is something my friend couldn't control, and any scripts he had on his page would be halted when the Lycos script errored.

I offered to host his site with me and he jumped at the chance. I also completely rebuilt his site for him too. He only wanted something basic with Red Black and Green being the main colours :

T-Room (Old Kids Television Program).

No Banners YIPPEEE!!!

yes much better. now lets see if jedi mind tricks work.

*waves hand*
*warm fluffy stares blankly*

sam: You want to rebuild my site
Warmfluffy(in dull tone): I want to rebuild your site
sam: You want to host my site
Warmfluffy(in a even duller tone): I want to host your site

*warmfluffy blinks and is normal again*

:p

yes i have seen episode 3 a few too many times *cough*7*cough*

yes much better. now lets see if jedi mind tricks work.

*waves hand*
*warm fluffy stares blankly*

sam: You want to rebuild my site
Warmfluffy(in dull tone): I want to rebuild your site
sam: You want to host my site
Warmfluffy(in a even duller tone): I want to host your site

*warmfluffy blinks and is normal again*

:p

yes i have seen episode 3 a few too many times *cough*7*cough*

Giggling inanely... Nice try :lol:

Back