Neogeo Emu Probs

dochuge

Still Fresh
Hey guys,

I really AM trying to do this on my own, last night I visited a French website to figure this one out but my French is a little rusty. I do read the readme files and try and get as much info as I can before I head onto this place. I am using gngeo2x and it works great HOWEVER:

1) it came with a program called cpu_speed which should allow me to overclock the program but it doesn't work, everything defaults to 200 mhz, I can't seem to save my overclock when hitting the select button to back out of the cpu_speed program

So I think to myself, hmmm....I'll just bypass this and install rage 2x version 0.9, it has overclock, so I overclock to 285mhz, make some more tweaks and.....games run NOTICABLY slower than when using just gngeo2x!, in fact, I'm not sure how I did this, but I started Rage and somehow got back to gngeo2x rom selector list, YUP, instead of saying 200mhz, it says 133 mhz!, so Rage is actually underclocking instead of overclocking the neogeo emu. Interesting.

Anyhow, if anyone can help I sure do appreciate it, at 200 mhz the emu works well but some games take a noticable dip in framerate, would love to bump the program up to 275-285 mhz but I can't seem to do it using the cpu_speed or the Rage 2x.

Thanks gents.

Wow,

Thanks for the fast reply, Craig. Awesome, your suggestion really helped, apparently I had an older version of the GNGEO2x emu. The newest version is MUCH better. Thanks again.

Back