New F200, Previous Mk2 Owner, Won't Read Sd

sparr

I cannot get my SD card to work in my GP2X F200. I have tried all sorts of partition and filesystem arrangements to no avail. *NOTHING* happens or changes when I insert the card, with the device alone or with it connected to the PC via USB. This same card worked fine in my MK2, and works with all of my card readers, cameras, MP3 players, etc. Help?

Sparr said:
I cannot get my SD card to work in my GP2X F200. I have tried all sorts of partition and filesystem arrangements to no avail. *NOTHING* happens or changes when I insert the card, with the device alone or with it connected to the PC via USB. This same card worked fine in my MK2, and works with all of my card readers, cameras, MP3 players, etc. Help?

Can you try a different SD card in the F200?

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely try a different SD card to countercheck.

If that fails also, it might be a faulty card reader inside the F-200. I hope that's not the case though. :(

OK, another card worked. I am not less annoyed in general, but a lot more annoyed with GPH. Why do they have to "fix" things that aren't broken? This card worked just fine in the MK2, but the F200 won't read it at all. Guess I need to do some lower level poking around now that I have sterm working.

Sparr said:
OK, another card worked. I am not less annoyed in general, but a lot more annoyed with GPH. Why do they have to "fix" things that aren't broken? This card worked just fine in the MK2, but the F200 won't read it at all. Guess I need to do some lower level poking around now that I have sterm working.

Copy off your files, format the card, then copy your files back...then try it again. Worth a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back