New Gp32 Blu Won't Work

tanchi12

Still Fresh
I was wondering if any one can help me with my new GP32 BLU I got today. I installed GP manager that came with the CD but can't seem to install any other software as the mesage "unknown error occured" or "communication error". My GP32 is connected to the PC though as the manaul tells me.

I am new to the forum and have been reading the FAQ and trying to make it work for the past 4 hours. This is so fustrating and I am now regreting ever getting a Gp32 BLU.

what version of windows are you running? if its XP, i know my link won't work unless I turn my gp32 on and off 4 or 5 times until the USB recognizes it, also, don't forget to install the USB driver.

tanchi12 posted on Sep 7 2004 at 08:52 AM said:
I was wondering if any one can help me with my new GP32 BLU I got today. I installed GP manager that came with the CD but can't seem to install any other software as the mesage "unknown error occured" or "communication error". My GP32 is connected to the PC though as the manaul tells me.

I am new to the forum and have been reading the FAQ and trying to make it work for the past 4 hours. This is so fustrating and I am now regreting ever getting a Gp32 BLU.

Alright. Disconnect the GP32 from the USB cable. Remove and reinstall your SMC card, contacts facing forward towards the screen. Install nice, new batteries, as the GP32 likes to eat them.

Now, reconnect the GP32 to the USB cable. Make sure the cable is plugged directly into a KNOWN working USB port on the PC, not a USB hub.

Next, open GP Manager. When the dialog box appears telling you to connect the GP32, turn the unit on. Once it boots, select PC LINK. You should hear your PC beep as it detects a new attached USB device.

If you haven't installed the drivers from the CD, you'll need to do it before you can copy to and from the GP32.

Hopefully that'll get you going. If not, I'm sure one of the 1000 people here that are smarter than I, can walk you through something.

Last edited by a moderator:
first download GP32 USB Driver from http://users.skynet.be/firefly/gp32/projec...32usb/index.htm and install it.
than turn on your gp, go in pc link menu, DONT plug it in jet.
start gpmaneger at the pc adn wait until it shows the dialog box that says conenct your gp.
conenct the gp.
klick ok.
should work now.

now copy gpdrive on your smc, you can get it in the betatesting section of this site.

My PC is running on XP, the PC do not recognise the GP32 USB port for some strange reason. The CD that came with had the USB drive on it but my PC still don't even recognise it. What the hell is going on?

People give me links to the download the USB drivers, but once I download it and use winzip to extract it, I don;t know wha tot do with it beause its not a software I can run.

I need help because I feel like smashing the god dam thing up. How stupid for gamepark not to make it user friendly for XP.

I don't mean this horribly but I got mine working on 2 XP pc's 1st time and people here will tell you I am denser than the titanic was. No iceburgs gonna take me down :ph34r:

People give me links to the download the USB drivers, but once I download it and use winzip to extract it, I don;t know wha tot do with it beause its not a software I can run.

Run the driver add new driver wizard. Select that driver.

tanchi12 posted on Sep 7 2004 at 03:41 PM said:

I need help because I feel like smashing the god dam thing up. How stupid for gamepark not to make it user friendly for XP.

for installing the driver, you should go to control panel -> system ->hardware -> hardware-manager or sthg like that (sry i'm german so i dunno the english name of that)
There should be a USB-Device or something, but ONLY when your GP32 is connected to PC (PC-Link doesn't have to be activated). double-click it, and select "update driver" or sthg in one of the registers. then you run the wizard until you are asked whether you let windows decide which driver to install OR you show windows the position of the driver. now select the folder where the driver is, double-click the file, and windows should install the driver. that's how i got my GP32 to work, and i'm 14 years old. so it should be no problem for you ;)
but my GP32 isn't BLU, so maybe.....

tanchi12 posted on Sep 7 2004 at 02:52 PM said:
I was wondering if any one can help me with my new GP32 BLU I got today.  I installed GP manager that came with the CD but can't seem to install any other software as the mesage "unknown error occured" or "communication error". My GP32 is connected to the PC though as the manaul tells me.

I am new to the forum and have  been reading the FAQ and trying to make it work for the past 4 hours. This is so fustrating and  I am now regreting ever getting a Gp32 BLU.

Buy a card reader they are real cheap. Then you won't even need to mess with that USB crap. I have never used PC-link. It is much faster/easier to transfer stuff with a reader anyway.

tanchi12 posted on Sep 7 2004 at 04:41 PM said:
right click on the .inf file and select the install option from the context menu.

Back