New Handhelds

Cruzzle

Still Fresh
what do you think about the new handhelds from sony (psp) and nintendo (dont know the name)? i think they look prety tough.(but i still love my gp32_console )

Both look like they'll be good. The DS will be less expensive and the two screen idea is certainly unique.

PinkSpider: Who'll get Final Fantasy is a mystery(although I heard someone say FF7 will be rereleased as a PSP game). Sony used to get them all but recently Nintendo got 2 FF games, Tactics Advance and Crystal Chronicles. So maybe Nintendo will get a new game and Sony will have a remake or two but you never know.

I think the DS looks coolest, as it has the retro game and watch look about it, Image the next set of game and watch gallery remakes on those double screens, Donky Kong WOOT.

Having said that if the PSP doesnt turn out too expensive I can see I will be getting a PSP, but probably after it has dropped furthur in price (I only just got a PS2).

While on the subject of PSP anyone notice the little PSP logo on the packaging at E3 looks like a GP32 ???

The PSP has Final Fantasy. I`ve downloaded and watched the Pulse special on E4 and it has presentations on both handhelds. Release games on the DS look to be Mario,mario kart and zelda(all in gorgeous 3d) PSP has a final fantasy game,4 EA sports games and what looked to be soul calibar.

If you want to get hold of the video and use newsgroups you can find it here -

alt.binaries.svcd

And both look gobsmaking

I kno about nintendo gettin new ff games but they aint exactly what we'd call classic final fantasy r they? It's like a turn based combat game and an action adventure so far. Not exactly a FF style RPG.

I'll be getting a DS as it will actually be completely new, original games, wheras the PSP will be getting pretty much all ports of old PS and PS2 games (of which I have liked absolutely none yet) due to production costs. I read a very good article on IGN which explains this. Plus the DS has better multiplayer support and will be MUCH cheaper.

the problem with nintendo is the fact that they're kiddie friendly and they don't have many gorry games so to me they're the children of the gaming market.

xboxit posted on May 20 2004 at 04:56 PM said:
the problem with nintendo is the fact that they're kiddie friendly and they don't have many gorry games so to me they're the children of the gaming market.
Gore doesent make the game good, neither does lack fo make games for kiddies.

Last edited by a moderator:

resident evil?

PinkSpider posted on May 20 2004 at 10:30 AM said:
I AGREE...

i remember that somone said that half life 2d wouldn't be good unless it were bloody... :lol: ...but i like games like almost all kinds of games...tho i haven't played any of the resident evil games (and don't plan to...)...the only games i outright hate are sports games... :rolleyes: dumbest idea EVER!!!

nerd of nerds posted on May 20 2004 at 05:36 PM said:
I AGREE...

i remember that somone said that half life 2d wouldn't be good unless it were bloody... :lol: ...but i like games like almost all kinds of games...tho i haven't played any of the resident evil games (and don't plan to...)...the only games i outright hate are sports games... :rolleyes: dumbest idea EVER!!!
Im not a big fan of sports games or survival horror games.. the latter because im a wuss.

PinkSpider posted on May 20 2004 at 10:38 AM said:
nerd of nerds posted on May 20 2004 at 05:36 PM said:
I AGREE...

Im not a big fan of sports games or survival horror games.. the latter because im a wuss.
yeah...i would probobly like the horror games...its just that my room is next to my parents and i don't think waking them up at 3 am in the morning by yelling "OH SHIT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!" would be a good idea :D they get really pissy when sleep deprived :ph34r:

child friendly nintendo , ive yet to see a child get friendly with Eternal Darkness , oh how i loved that game :) , and boy did my little sister ( 10 ) hate me

<Me> Hey sis come and look at this cute picture
<Sister> OK ^^
<Me> *walks into a room with a big ugly nasty limb ripping monster ( due to insanity level high limbs were falling off )
<Sister> *begins to cry* THATS NOT CUTE * bursts into tears and tell my dad im being mean*

*sigh*

im fed of people saying nintendo are kiddy friendly , you do know , OTHER companys make games for nintendo , not just nintendo themselves

mearrrraa! garr! i hate treads like this, sony has 35% stake in squareenix while nintendo has 25%, THEY ARE BOTH GETTING FF GAMES!

marrnoooogrrrrrrrr!

bringoutthegimp posted on May 20 2004 at 02:36 PM said:
wait...................was i dreaming or were there not already about 5/6 different threads EXACTLY THE SAME AS THIS ONE
nah you're awake.

Back