New mobile - "3" Motorola a920

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
I've decided to go all 3G!

I've just ordered a motorola a920 phone from "3". Allows video calling (like I'll use it!) and a load of other features, along with a load of PDA funtions and all for free on a contract!

Deal is good at the moment too! £25 a month for 500 anytime any network minutes, free phone, video calls included for first 3 months, free downloadable video content for first month etc etc.

Has anyone else had one of these? Just wondering, as they have great reviews, and I wouldn't mind someone to call to test my video calling :p

noo Free nights and weekends? or does europ not have that?

Sounds good, probably able to get a custom midi for ring-tone
*if i get a cell phone that is the lest i'd want...
some Chrono Trigger music would be good ring-tone*

if it allowas video-phone can you take pictures with it? if not then blah

custom midi? I don't have an advanced mobile-phone (but my mate has...) and apparently it's all custom mp3 nowadays... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep - takes MMC cards or SD cards and records audio, video and sill pics...

Also, the 500 minutes can be used at any time of day.

Have a look at this....

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=326

Yep - takes MMC cards or SD cards and records audio, video and sill pics...

Also, the 500 minutes can be used at any time of day.

Have a look at this....

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=326
awsome, 500 anytime minuets is all you need for that

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been with 3 since the a920 came out but i had to pay £35 a month in order to get it free but i do get 750 free mins. But i tell you now its one of the worst shitty phones ive ever had after the novelty has worn off its awfull for one thers no vibrate and ring so if your out in the street you cant hear it ring and for 2 it dont fit in your bastard pocket i ended up selling mine after 2 weeks and getin the nec 808e which is a much better phone but the one to get now is the new smaller motorola that phone kicks ass keep your 14 day guarentee and try to get the smaller one its a much better phone ;)

Thing is... I've got an 02 XDA at hte moment. Nice PDA, but shitty signal, big anyway (so size doesn;t bother me... my work phone is a No0kia 9210i Communicator - one of the biggest phones currently available!!!) Also, the XDA has a shitty (once a day charge) battery life too, so nothing new to me there. The XDA does have vibrate, but I never use it anyway, so not bothered. All in all, the a920 is a better option for me.

Also, after the 9210i, the a920 actually seems small :)

Also, the a920 is the only free one apart from the NEC one, which has had virtually universally bad reviews. Also, my mate has an a920 and he loves it!

Ah well... to each his own.

Initially the A920 was a bag of poo.

But the newer handsets have all the bugs ironed out - everything is fixed. Bluetooth works etc. Take it along to a 3 store and they will swap your old poor A920 for one of the newer ones.

Then - without telling 3, you get it patched (you can down load the stuff to do this). You then have acces to most symbian software, as well as stuff written for the P800! SCUMVM: Playing Monkey Island with a stylus. For games its not as good as a GP32 - but I would certainly not lable it as crap. Its the james bond of phones.

Im using mine as an LCD remote control - controlling everything in my flat. MP3 playback is cool as well cos of the mass storage capabilities.

Back