Release New Pangea video

efegea

I've uploaded a video of the current status of development of Pangea, also know as the "Gmenu alternative"

I hope you like it. But remember! The icons you can see on the video are randomly created and they are FAKE!! please don't ask if any of them will run on the Pandora :D

[youtube]RigPQEuoMsk[/youtube]

I forgot about the on-screen keyboard and started to type on my physical keyboard :wacko: D'OH!!

Splendid.
It runs on Qt I trust?
Does it use libpnd yet for PXML recognition?
Does it support alternative themes? "Top bar" plugins? What are your future plans? WE WANT TO KNOW MORE :D

Yeah Qt and libpnd.

It's fully skinnable, using skins on the XML format. A bit like XBox Media Center. I plan to implement a widget system (as in "desktop widgets": Mac OS X's dashboard, KDE's plasma, and I think Vista has also one but I've never used it :D ). The TODO list is loong :)

efegea said:
I plan to implement a widget system
Wow, that's pretty ambitious... You know that you can use the Plasma widgets in your Qt app, right (provided that plasma is installed)?
But it might just be easier to use a custom widget type, after all...

It's great to see you're making progress, efegea. Your menu system sounded interesting from the first time you mentioned it months ago. I'm looking forward to the completed thing. ;)

-God Ginrai

Back