New Ps2

diablo2

Virtual Boy
Website
Visit site
Do the modchips available now work with the new, slim ps2s? I kind of want to get into ps2 games, with the new gta being out. Will i have to get an old ps2 to use a mod chip.

Another thing. How many wires do most of the mod chips have now.
How big of a job is it to install one? I had another guy do my xbox's for me, but i trust myself with a sodering iron now.

Are the PS2 modchips that good. I couldn't find a site that was like xbox-scene or gp32x for ps2.

Thanks B)

i dont think you will need a modchip coz its got a flip lid thingy <_< . If you do get a modchip make sure its not the shitty one i have in my ps2 where you still need to swap discs and stuff.

Installing modchips in an older PS2 is not that hard!!! (I don't know about the new V12 ; excluding the V3)

But if I were you, I would never buy one of these slim PS2's (V12)!!!

Ok, they may be just as big as the xbox controller, and have the netwok adapter built in, but you can't install a harddisk in the new (slim) PS2!!!

And if you get one of these older and bigger PS2's, you can simply add a network adapter and a harddisk (minimum 40GB)!!!

Many Games support a HDD for faster loading times, Homebrew apps use it, ... hell you can play entire games from it (like the Xbox can)

Sony just got the new slim PS2 out that noone buys the old anymore, that noone can use a HDD anymore, that noone can play Games from HDD (which may be pirated ones)

ooo
the only reason you would get a PS2 is to pirate
thats wonderful, people like you anger me
piracy should only happen when a system isnt one of the best anymore ( xcept handhleds , but Ill probly back that with the new handhelds )
it kills the game companies, thats why a lot of people only pirate old stuff
anyways, woopie, you cant use a HDD , sry no FF11 for you, o wait, thats the only game you cant play
who cares bout a second faster load, or the idiots who pirate brand spankin new stuff

~Octavious

all i wanna do is piracy

don't worry octavious
i wouldn't worry about sony's bank account

but at the same time i don't care about the hard drive

i want to get a slim ps2, but if it isn't compatable with any modchip screw it
maybe i'll just get my fat ps2 fixed
but it costs 80 dollars to get sony to do that

anywhere i can get that done for cheaper?

all i wanna do is piracy

don't worry octavious
i wouldn't worry about sony's bank account

but at the same time i don't care about the hard drive

anywhere i can get that done for cheaper?

I didn't say modchips aren't compatible with the new PS2!
Just know, that not every Chip works with it!!! (even some of the newest ones have probs)

@Octavious: Why do you assume one uses a console for piracy, only because he wants a modchip???

I live in Germany and I don't want to wait till games are released as PAL versions!!!
I just import NTSC games, and the lovely PS2 isn't region-free (remember??)

Just using a modchip doesn't mean involving into piracy!!! (for me)

Also playing games from HDD saves the DVD-Drive, and the DVDs too

Last edited by a moderator:
i just saw that the dms one is compatable with the new ps2
but can the new ps2 do the piracy method that you could with the first ps1 (game swap thing) because the lid pops open?

has anyone tried this

Be careful: If you've got your PS2 modded, Sony will remove the chip, maybe also charge extra money for that, or simply won't do the repair.

And yes, there are modchips that work on the slim PS2. Just look for premodded ones when buying, this is cheaper than buying and letting install it.

Last edited:
I assumed he wanted piracy for his mod ship cause the guy said so!
im not talkin bout the guy that started the thread , im talkin bout the one that replied complaing for no hard drive
I feel if its on a newer system ( PS2 is snoys new system ) then ya shouldnt pirate it
when next next gen comes, I wouldnt care

~Octavious

im not talkin bout the guy that started the thread , im talkin bout the one that replied complaing for no hard drive
I feel if its on a newer system ( PS2 is snoys new system ) then ya shouldnt pirate it

~Octavious

I complained about the HDD, but I never said I use my PS2 for piracy.
I only said that Sony got the new PS2 out because of possible piracy with the HDD.

I just wanted to give diablo2 the tip, that the old PS2 is better than the new!

~Octavious

I only said that Sony got the new PS2 out because of possible piracy with the HDD.

Well, it depends. I mostly only play RPGs (no Online RPGs) and run homebrewn stuff from CD.
I never even missed a HDD in the last 2 1/2 years I have my PS2 now.

The PS2 slim has slightly better hardware (the first versions had laser problems after a while, etc.), looks better and needs less space.

So if you don't need a HDD, the PS2 Slimline is better in my opinion.
I would exchange mine right away with a Slimline, if anyone offered this to me.

Last edited:
Matrix Infinity and DMS4 work. I suggest one of these, try and get it premodded though.

Oh and the HDD can be very handy.

~Octavious

Well, it depends. I mostly only play RPGs (no Online RPGs) and run homebrewn stuff from CD.
I never even missed a HDD in the last 2 1/2 years I have my PS2 now.

The PS2 slim has slightly better hardware (the first versions had laser problems after a while, etc.), looks better and needs less space.

So if you don't need a HDD, the PS2 Slimline is better in my opinion.
I would exchange mine right away with a Slimline, if anyone offered this to me.

I agree that the new PS2 is smaller and looks way better!

But I have to say that not all old PS2s had worse hardware.
I have a PAL V3 (the first model sold in germany) bought back on 21. november 2001 (the day it was released!!)

I have never had any probs with it! Even today it works like a charm (and it's almost 3 years old!!!)

And noone knows when the V12 PS2 gets the first probs in reading dvds, etc...
It's just too early to say, that the hardware is better in the new PS2!!

I agree that the new PS2 is smaller and looks way better!

But I have to say that not all old PS2s had worse hardware.
I have a PAL V3 (the first model sold in germany) bought back on 21. november 2001 (the day it was released!!)

I have never had any probs with it! Even today it works like a charm (and it's almost 3 years old!!!)

And noone knows when the V12 PS2 gets the first probs in reading dvds, etc...
It's just too early to say, that the hardware is better in the new PS2!!

Well, my PAL V3 (also in Germany) has a corrupted optical audio out (since a few weeks) and the drive is apparently slower than the one in my PAL V4.

Last edited:
Back