New User With A Question

pierpo78

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

first of all I am a new user and I hope I will do everything right. Please note I am not from USA, so my english will not be as strong as yours.

Anyway, I bought a Caanoo last week, it works just fine. I started from zero in the emulation world and now I manage to convert rom to make them running in mame4all. It is easier than I thought. But running ESP Ra De, I still find some problems. The game starts, but the screen is upside down. Even if I start it with rotate screen option, the screen is rotated in wrong way. At the very begginning, the game lets me enter in the service menu, where I can modify screen orientation, but then? There is no button to say EXIT. I also took a look at the README file inside the mame4all folders, but I didn't find the solution.
So please, any help will be really appreciated, THX
;)

This is a rather tricky one :)

Delete the desprade.nv file in the Mame4All NVram folder, otherwise it is possible, that the test screen won't come up when you start the game.
Start the game with rotated screen, otherwise you can't see the whole Test screen.
When you see the Test screen press the buttons I and II on your Caanoo and select Input this game. Scroll down to the entry Service mode, press X and then the home button to delete the original mapping. Press X again and press the left shoulder button, the service mode key is now mapped to the left shoulder button. Scroll down to return to main menu and press X.
Now navigate in the test screen to Configuration and then set the screen orientation to normal screen. Finally press and hold the left shoulder button for about one second. The game should start with the correct screen orientation. This setting is saved to the NVRam file, so you only have to do it once.

Unfortunately the game has massive graphical issues (even if you select Video depth 16 Bit, which is necessary).

Wow, fantastic reply, really grateful to you, man.
Minor graphical issue, but still enjoyable.

I am really happy, that config menu will help me in other games, thanks again.

:)

Back