arrrgh

MWeston's got a new video up here:
CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf-7zT6LODk

The German blog found it first though :p

Last edited by a moderator:
And wait, and wait...
Now I wish I'd put an order for a TV cable in with my preorder :angry:
Also, a question for the devs: If an option is given to switch to 640x480 from within a game or the desktop or whatever, will it display fullscreen on a non-widescreen TV? One of my TVs is an old 4:3 CRT, and I'd like to do stuff on it without letterboxing.

What exactly is this TV-cable? Is it just an s-video to composite converter? because I already have a couple of those.

If it's a converter from a custom Pandora output to a general output like s-video/composite I'll have to get one. Otherwise it's kind of useless for me. I couldn't find any specifications on this item.

Thnx

The cable doesn't do any signal conversion, it just takes s-video and line level stereo from the EXT port. And yep, you'll have to get one if you want to use TV out.

Great video! Glad I added the cable also. Makes me want to hook up one of my old arcade shells with a tv and my x-arcade stick. PandorArcade!

Is the first game he run the PSX emulator? If not what is it?
Why does it have not many FPS (it seems not full-speed at all)?

Great video tho, thank you very much!

giovanni said:

Croc on the PSX.

And it was slow because it was out putting on both TV and Pandora screen.

giovanni said:

From the video description:

There are still some issues with the setup and there is some slow down displaying simultaneously to LCD and S-Video output. This is just the first crack at it and the code can only be improved from here.

'MonkeyChops' said:
Great video! Glad I added the cable also. Makes me want to hook up one of my old arcade shells with a tv and my x-arcade stick. PandorArcade!
You might want to be attempting this then ;)
CODE
http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_pocket-drive-arcade-otra-mini-recre-de-lucho_1088965

'Gruso' said:
'giovanni' said:

There are still some issues with the setup and there is some slow down displaying simultaneously to LCD and S-Video output. This is just the first crack at it and the code can only be improved from here.
hmmm, yeah ok, but has anyone actually seen fullspeed psx on the pandora? if so i must have missed the video.

Anyway, great vid :)

'MarkoeZ' said:
'Gruso' said:
'giovanni' said:

hmmm, yeah ok, but has anyone actually seen fullspeed psx on the pandora? if so i must have missed the video.

Anyway, great vid :)

I thought the PSX-Emulation with sound in the last video that showed PSX-Emulation was not fullspeed, too. The only Fullspeed PSX seen on Pandora seemed to be without sound jet.

(Please somebody proove me wrong...)

Mqark said:
You might want to be attempting this then ;)
CODE
http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_pocket-drive-arcade-otra-mini-recre-de-lucho_1088965

That's cool but I was just going to hook-up THIS: www.xgaming.com/tankstick-arcade-game.shtml to the Pandora and connect the Pandora to an old digital flat screen TV I have and cram it all into and old full size arcade shell. If it works ok, maybe I'll make a docking station like Gruso did for his car. I'll take some pics once I start the project. ;)

Say, that's a nice breakout box. Little custom job? What do you have running off of it?

Awesomez!!

Was waiting for another vid...

Can't wait to see a vid on Controllers and Two-Player :p

Is that Croc 1?
I used to play to Croc 2 and didn't look like that :) .

Yes I know the video OUT has not the same speed of the one on the console but you can see that also on the Pandora screen it has frame skip. (I mean.... I'm buying a Pandora only for the possibility to emulate PSX at more than fullspeed....)

I hope ZodTTD and Tinnus will release soon a stable Pandora emulator :)

Back